News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Signalling

Started by TheGrowl, February 13, 2016, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrowl

Feel free to move if this is the wrong place to post this, but something I'd think would be rather useful is some type of Path/Presignal, that worked to for not just stations but different pieces of track as well, like in OpenTTD. Just a thought. :thumbsup:
If you have a couple minutes to spare feel free to check out my website!
Here it is

Quirky?! Quirky is an old lady who gives people the finger! -Homer Simpson

jamespetts

Hello, and welcome to the forums. Always splendid to see new players post here.

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean and how what you envisage would work? My familiarity with Open TTD is a little limited, I am afraid.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

The functionality of the OpenTTD PBS signal is available in the current development build of Simutrans-Experimental through the combination of a choose signal and end of choose signs placed at each exit point. You can compile the latest Experimental build yourself by following this tutorial: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14254.0

Drewthegreat87

Are you trying to say that you'd like to see a signal that could direct certain trains to certain tracks for overtaking? For example: slow train tracks and fast train tracks? That would be a nice addition to the game, but would probably require a certain amount of code. To get around such a signal not existing right now, I just use waypoints on certain stretches of tracks for certain train routes to create overtaking tracks.

TheGrowl

Well, basically what I mean is a signal which directs trains into clear sections of track/platform, because without way points, they get confused at choose signals which only work for platforms, and it often caused major traffic jams on my line were the super long and frequent Airport Trains were constantly coming through, at least before I opened the new line. Hope this clears up any confusion  ;D
Here it is

jamespetts

Choose signals already have this effect for platforms. For sections of track other than platforms, this only works in the latest development build (only generally available as sources) of Simutrans-Experimental.

Have you had a go at using choose signals?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

TheGrowl

I only use choose signals at multi platform stations, and concerning Simutrans Experimental, I will download it.
Here it is