News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Playing with the ground

Started by Fabio, February 16, 2009, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

dekema - What you want is impossible, as of now.

I just realized that the two tiles on HDomos' screenshot have indeed different heights. A single tile has single height information. The slopes you can normally see are actually a sort of overlay, dependent on situation to front/back. But the basic height underneath is still there. Apparently, here the water tile is actually at water level, and has a slope that makes it behave like ground, while the mine has a flat foundation that raises the "effective tile base" one level higher. An open question is if using the slopes for wall calculation would be too hard, I guess...

edit: I realized something else :D One has to be careful about where the wall belongs to - what is its "home" tile! The one in front, or the one in the back? That might affect this, too. Also explains the behaviour of up/down slope tools a bit.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

greenling

VS
The basement form fabio looks nice out but in the future looks those Basement crasy out.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!