News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

120.1.3 Factory supplied with all necessary supplies but production is zero

Started by xiaopeng, March 23, 2016, 07:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiaopeng

Originally posted in the French forum, as I am using some of the addons from the SNFOS site: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=13782.msg151139#msg151139

The problem is with a French industry addon--the perfume factory. As the screenshot shows, it is supplied with chemicals, glass, and flowers, but production is zero. Gauthier suggested I repost here as there might be a bug in the game itself.

Details: I'm running 120.1.3 on a Windows 10 laptop. Pak128 with a variety of French and other addons.

prissi

There was some underflow issue when the new production model JIT2 was patched in. What production model do you use?

TurfIt

prissi

Ups, I missed this obvious. Yes, minimum output must be 11 in the default JIT

DrSuperGood

The factory is producing perfectly. It is correctly stopping when its output is full as intended.

What makes no sense is a factory with 0 output storage. There is no room for it to put any product.

Should loading the pakset of such an impossible factory assert an exception? Or should it try to auto correct to some default value (eg 100 storage)?

Ters

I'd say that compiling said pak should fail. It is so trivial to check that there is no reason to delay it. If the faulty pak can be expected to circulate for some time to come, doing something at loading time might be an extra feature.

prissi

I am with Ters, makeobj should fail (or set a default storage and warn).

gwalch

Ok guys, i've found the mistake ; the parameter [OutputCapacity] was missing into dat file. But makeobj didn't fail at any time (log file was empty).
The new pak file (with correct parameters) is available on SNFOS website.
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...