News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

SIMUTRANS FOREVER!!! LONG LIVE SIMUTRANS!!! HAIL SIMUTRANS!!!

Started by amazoniani, June 20, 2016, 01:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazoniani

Dear Simutrans Developers,

I've been playing this game for several years now, though I can't recall exactly when I started playing, maybe 2011. I think I'm not the typical retro 2D guy you would expect from a Simutrans fan. I've got an 8 core processor with one of the latest Nvidia (think it's 970), and I've tried many many different games on different platforms: ios, mac, windows, playstation... You would expect me to play on Battlefield or any of the latest fantastically-looking games. But NO, hell NO, because I'm fed up of the messed-up b***s*** games that get released as alphas early releases, or games that were actually completed but get stripped into pieces that you have to pay for to get the complete experience (ie. DLCs), or games that look great and are just plain stupid, or games in which the community is just there to kill you or suck your blood...

The gaming industry is seriously going down the wrong path... Man, I used to have fun on simple old games like Simcity 2000, or Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island and stuff... But now, the modern games are so sophisticated, yet so DULL and so BORING, and so EMPTY. And all modern-day developers can think of, is to make games in which people have to compete to be the best, the best at killing each other, the best at killing zombies, the best at invading other peoples' countries, the best at making virtual money, etc.. you have to the best. But why in hell don't developers make more games in which people help each other, learn from each other, share with each other? It's always about being better than someone else (ie. rankings, ladders, etc.)! What is fun about that?

SIMUTRANS TO THE RESCUE!!!

That is exactly why we need SIMUTRANS. Simutrans is the kind of game you can go back to and have loads of fun, because you know what to expect. It's not gonna undergo metamorphosis and change overnight (so many games have mutated into disappointing "improved" versions). Simutrans stays the same, yet it evolves slowly but surely, in the right direction. What you developers have done with Simutrans is an exceptional work of art! I want to praise you for that!

Thank you for not changing the User Interface, because I love it!
Thank you for not turning this game into 3D, because 3D gives me headaches.
Thank you for making this game complicated and challenging, because easy games are boring.
Thank you for adding the Midi music, which I love, no really, I like the music! (though the volume spikes up and goes down, sound tends to be unstable, a bug probably...)
Thank you for the Isometric concept behind the game, I love the diagonal rail tracks, the diagonal roads, the diagonal canals, it's so logical and rational.
Thank you for having given every single passenger a unique destination.
Thank you for having developed so many beautiful trains and buildings and graphics in the PAK128.
Thank you for the beautiful seasons, the snow, the trees changing color.
Thank you for the beautiful terrains, desert, mountains, plains, forests, lakes, etc...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RAIL SIGNALS which I love using! RAIL SIGNALS HURRAH!!!
Thank you for the airports and the harbors, they're nicely designed.
etc...etc...etc...

I play Simutrans with my friend and we like to help each other, synchronize our efforts toward a common goal, because honestly, some industries involve so many intermediary steps that it's way more interesting to achieve the whole industry chain/cycle by combining our efforts. We're playing on a 3500*4000 map and the sheer distance between our cities is a challenge in itself, and the more challenges, the more fun we experience!

SIMUTRANS FOREVER!!! LONG LIVE SIMUTRANS!!! HAIL SIMUTRANS!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(and f*** all the other "gorgeous" 3D games. OK, I'll make an exception for Minecraft. Well, it's not really gorgeous anyways... lol)

Antonin

I agree with everything you've said. Simutrans is a wonderful game, it is never boring, and it provides a much needed distraction from the pressures of daily life.