News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

increasing the list of city names

Started by laos, May 10, 2016, 06:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laos

Hi,

I'm trying to increase the number of cities since I like playing on large maps with 500+ cities, and often I get a huge number of "simcity" named cities by default. Is there a way to edit the citylist files? I tried changing out all the ones in the pak128/text/ folder but it doesn't do anything after creating a new map. Simutrans just keeps automatically using the old city name lists.

Can someone instruct me on how to take a txt file I have with several thousand city names and get Simutrans Experimental to recognize it?

Thanks,

DrSuperGood

Pak128 supports Experimental? As far as I am aware only pak128 Britain supports Experimental properly. The server test map had several thousand cities over a 7000*5000 map with no noticeable "simcity" names poping up.

You need to make sure the city name list is present before the map is spawned since city names get saved in files.

jamespetts

The solution adopted in Pak128.Britain-Ex is not to use a city name list at all, but rather to have lots of name fragments for automatic combination, which can produce a far larger variety of names than possible (or, at least, practical) with a complete list.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

laos

Where would you modify this list of modifiers? in the en.tab?

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.