News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Where do I put the .svg files?

Started by mspljd1990, July 08, 2016, 09:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mspljd1990

I'm trying to load a savegame, I've put it in the main directory, in the pak.ngb folder, I've even tried creating a 'save' directory, but it's still not showing up when I try to load games.

Also I saved one of my games as a test to see where savegames end up...it showed up nowhere in the directory!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

jamespetts

By default, games are saved to ~\My Documents\simutrans\save in Windows, or /[user]/home/documents/simutrans/save in Linux.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

mspljd1990

Quote from: jamespetts on July 08, 2016, 09:50:58 PM
By default, games are saved to ~\My Documents\simutrans\save in Windows, or /[user]/home/documents/simutrans/save in Linux.

I'm using the Windows version through Wine on my Mac (and it works perfectly fine), moved the .svg file to an empty Save folder in my Wine Files directory...still nothing.

jamespetts

Did you select single user install?

(Incidentally, note that these are .sve not .svg files)

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

mspljd1990

Quote from: jamespetts on July 08, 2016, 10:05:27 PM
Did you select single user install?

(Incidentally, note that these are .sve not .svg files)

My bad! ;D

By 'single user install', do you mean when I installed the game? If so, there was no option to install, the .exe file was already in the .zip.

jamespetts

What is your folder structure in the \My Documents folder?

mspljd1990

There's just three folders, map, save and screenshot.

jamespetts

The saved games should go into the "save" folder. However, you will not be able to load a saved game unless you have the right pakset loaded.

mspljd1990

Cracked it! I simply searched '.sve', it was that simple.

Thanks a iot for your help and the quickness in your replies :)