News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Ideas: previous/next tool key; last used tools toolbar; favourites toolbar.

Started by Emil Sawicki, July 14, 2016, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil Sawicki

1. Previous/next tool key.
2. Last used tools toolbar.
3. Favourite tools toolbar.

ad 1. That is, the choosen key on keyboard makes program turn on the previously used general tool. The second key runs next to the current tool. This could be useful when I build a road, then put a stop and then return to building.

ad 2. Additional toolbar with ten recently used general tools. Buttons changes automatically.

ad 3. Additional toolbar that I can configure easily without closing Simutrans.

Are some of them possible to incorporate?
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

prissi

There is a toolbar with the last ten tools since some time already. It is called as
toolbar[x][y]=toolbar[LAST_USED],icon,key,,

An_dz

Yona-TYT

I think I mentioned this before, but I would like to switching between tools with just use the your mouse wheel, this would be incredibly fast / practical. ;D

Isaac Eiland-Hall

prissi

How to distinguish between scrolling and tool switching? One may just accidently be on a toolbar ... It feels to me like this would produce lots of people frustrate with working/non-working zoom.

Ters

One could either just reassign the scroll functionality, or require some "secret" modifier key for one or the other. I don't care much for either feature (zoom or quick tool switching).

Ters

Quote from: Yona-TYT on July 20, 2016, 12:36:13 AM
Somewhat like "Ctrl + mouse wheel". ;)

That's the way to zoom in at least two browsers, one text editor, one PDF-reader and one image manipulation program.