News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

City Growth

Started by Colin, May 08, 2009, 03:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I've been away from PAK128 for a long time.

How do you grow a city in PAK128? In PAK64 there is a tool in Special Tools, I can't find one on PAK128.

Regards

Colin
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

When you switch to public service, one of the buttons on the main menu changes - poke around in there. If you still can't find it, lemme know and I'll fire it up (or someone else will probably speak up) :-)

Colin

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on May 08, 2009, 04:41:34 AM
When you switch to public service, one of the buttons on the main menu changes - poke around in there. If you still can't find it, lemme know and I'll fire it up (or someone else will probably speak up) :-)

Yep I've tried every button there is, nothing says to grow a city. You can build one but not grow it. The little red dot inside the yellow circle doesn't exist.

By the way. Hi isaac, How the hell are you, too long no speaky. ;D :-*
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

In 102, switching to public service changes the line management icon to the map editing tools icon...

If you haven't enabled any extra players, do a shift-p to change between public service and human player -- do it several times and watch the icons in the top menu -- one should change... The +100 icon is the leftmost icon in the menu when you're public service.

If that doesn't happen -- are you playing pak128 or something like pak128-Britain or something?

And yes, it's been way too long. :D I'm doing pretty well - just got back from a 3.5 month internship in Seattle, which is on the opposite corner of the US from me - 3000 miles away. heh. How are you doing down there being upside-down? Dunno how you folks manage it... ;-) (In other news, one of my coworkers from the internship went to NZ while I was up there... just random news)

Colin

Well being upside down has it's advantages, you get more blood to the brain that way, so alcohol gets there quicker too. Problem is, the top of your head gets sore and you go bald quicker.

Getting back to the game.  I noticed the icons changing but the only one that changes is, the Line Management becomes the Map Editor, unless I have the Road Tools open then the last 12 Icons on the right change shape and colour (color to you) With the Rail Tools open I only lose the Depot icon. I haven't bothered to check any of the others.

PS: Yes I did enable player change.
PPS: I have a SVE from Nightly to check some problems he was having. The change from Human to Public Service does the same thing.

Best Regards

Colin

I've got it! by George Ive got it! Hampshire born Hampshire bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head. or may be much too much blood running to my head. ::) ::) ::)Should have been Staffordshire but what the hell! I lived in Hampshire for 7 years. ;D

Thought for the day

Isaac Eiland-Hall

On the game -- when I click "Map Editor", I get a menu, of which the left-most icon is the +100 button. What do you get when you click the Map Editor icon? o.O