News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Mk. III carriages out of alignment

Started by fam621, August 10, 2016, 05:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, the FGW buffet and restaurant buffet Mark 3's are out of position on the track.... Fix that please. :)

jamespetts

Thank you for the bug report: I have split the topic because this is quite separate from how to compile the pakset, and because each bug report needs to be in its own thread.

I will look into this and try to fix it when I get a chance. In the meantime, can you find any more Mk. III buffet carriages out of alignment? It would help to have a definitive list of which Mk. III buffet carriages need to be re-aligned.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

The GNER Buffet cars. Can you do a Virgin livery for them too please? :)

Rollmaterial

The Grand Central ones too, to a lesser extent.
Quote from: fam621 on August 11, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
Can you do a Virgin livery for them too please? :)
I think the East Midlands franchise liveries would be of higher priority :)

jamespetts

Fixing bugs is a higher priority than adding new content, especially with the rather large queue of work that I have at present on the code base to get it into a state where the game can be balanced properly.

Incidentally, have you an interest in learning how to modify existing vehicles to produce new objects for the game? You can do it all with free software.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Moe Ron

Quote from: fam621 on August 12, 2016, 10:52:41 AM
Not really James.

Once you get into it, it's actually quite easy. I'm making progress in Blender, going from a complete newbie to semi-competent, so that I can aid with liveries and remaining vehicles that need to be done.

jamespetts

Quote from: Moe Ron on August 13, 2016, 08:30:27 PM
Once you get into it, it's actually quite easy. I'm making progress in Blender, going from a complete newbie to semi-competent, so that I can aid with liveries and remaining vehicles that need to be done.

That is very happy news indeed. Do let me know if you need any help.

Moe Ron

Quote from: jamespetts on August 13, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
That is very happy news indeed. Do let me know if you need any help.

At this point, I just need practice. I don't recall seeing all the blender files on github, but working on something small, like a reskin of a class 153/156, would be beneficial at this point.

jamespetts

There are a number of files missing from the Blender repositories at present: the plan is eventually to reorganise the Blender repositories and make the collection complete. However, most of the files should be there (albeit I understand that we are missing the latest rail vehicles produced by The Hood). The class 153 and class 156 are there, however.

jamespetts

Returning to the original topic, I have now fixed the GNER buffet cars, but am unsure to which FGW buffet cars that Fam621 refers, as there are three FGW liveries and two different types of buffet cars in each of those three liveries, plus a further GWT livery (the latest GWR livery has not been produced yet) with both types of buffet car; it would be helpful to know specifically which ones of those have the alignment problem.

fam621

The FGW livery 2008 - 2015 James.

Edit 1: Okay, can I have the fixed version in a updated version of BritRail-Ex.pak please?

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for that: this should be fixed now.

fam621

Can you also do a refurbished version of the class 375 and the class 465/466 please?

Edit 1: Its a term of me starting a topic James.

jamespetts

Requests for additional items are quite a different thing from a bug report: I should be grateful if you could keep each thread confined to one topic so that it is easier to navigate the numerous discussions that occur on this forum. Thank you.