News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

unprotect_abandoned_player_months setting stored in savegame?

Started by River, September 13, 2016, 10:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

is the unprotect_abandoned_player_months setting stored in a save game?

TurfIt

River

anyway around this? there are some troubles with passwords disapairing everymonth on the server (excepet for the first and public player)

TurfIt

It should default to off (=0). But if it's something else, can be changed in the Settings dialog / Economy and cities tab (somewhat strange place for it...).

River

DrSuperGood

Use the hidden tool 27 (which should REALLY be made into a standard feature) to change it when the map is loaded in single player and then save and restore it to the server.

dialog_tool[27]=,~

When placed in menuconf for a pakset this will make the ~ key bring up the pre-game config dialog to real time modify game settings. Only works in single player, you will need to export the server save, modify it and then restore it.

River

are you sure this work in the stable release? i can't get it to work.

DrSuperGood

are you sure this work in the stable release?
Yes. Tested it just now.

You need to place it inside the menuconf.tab of the pakset
For example "simutrans\pak\config\menuconf.tab".

This only works offline in single player and simutrans must be restarted for it to take effect. You will need to export the save from the server, modify it in single player and then import the modified save back to the server.

River

Quote from: DrSuperGood on September 14, 2016, 02:50:59 AM
Yes. Tested it just now.

You need to place it inside the menuconf.tab of the pakset
For example "simutrans\pak\config\menuconf.tab".

This only works offline in single player and simutrans must be restarted for it to take effect. You will need to export the save from the server, modify it in single player and then import the modified save back to the server.
it worked only for me when i pressed shift + ~ and then spacebar

DrSuperGood

it worked only for me when i pressed shift + ~ and then spacebar
No idea why you had to press the space bar...

But seeing how on my keyboard ~ = shift + # the other requirement sort of makes sense. By the way you could specify it to any disused hotkey you like, just I choose ~ because it is not commonly used.

River

Thanks for the help.

I think i needed to press the spacebar because when i do shift + ~ i need to add a spacebar before it shows.

Vladki

Perhaps your keyboard layout uses ~ as a dead key, to write accented letters like ñ or ã.

Ters

There are keyboards that don't?!? Although I've seen texts with such a symbol by itself, it is a very rare sight (≈ would be much more useful). Then again, I've never figured out what the backslash was for before Microsoft put it to use as a path separator, but it must have predated that.

But this shows that Simutrans using characters rather than keystrokes has its drawbacks.

Vladki

Quote from: Ters on September 14, 2016, 06:18:43 PM
There are keyboards that don't?!?
Sure, the plain EN-US layout has ~ as normal key. Americans have no accent(s). ;)
It is useful in Unix (shortcut for your home directory), or in some programming languages, e.g. Perl

Ters

Quote from: Vladki on September 14, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
Sure, the plain EN-US layout has ~ as normal key. Americans have no accent(s). ;)
My point is: Why do you then have the character on the keyboard in the first place.

Quote from: Vladki on September 14, 2016, 07:06:42 PM
It is useful in Unix (shortcut for your home directory), or in some programming languages, e.g. Perl
One reason for Europeans to dislike Unix. (Fortunately, you don't have to use that key to cd to your home directory. At least with bash.) As for Perl, it is being harassed enough as it is, but other languages also require their fair share of finger gymnastics, although some symbols are easier on my layout that the default English one (like +). Interestingly, @ might be the most difficult character to type on many European keyboard layouts, at least if one hand is busy, say, holding a phone.

DrSuperGood

Sure, the plain EN-US layout has ~ as normal key. Americans have no accent(s).
EN-UK as well.

My point is: Why do you then have the character on the keyboard in the first place.
It is the symbol used for approximation. ~100% of the time!

Ters

Quote from: DrSuperGood on September 15, 2016, 01:29:45 AM
It is the symbol used for approximation. ~100% of the time!

That makes the Unix usage quite humorous. "It might not be the path to your home directory, just somewhere near it."

Vladki

The keyboard gymnastic is the reason why I switch to en-us keyboard when programing or being a sysadmin. Doing that with czech layout is almost impossible.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Vladki on September 15, 2016, 06:51:57 AM
The keyboard gymnastic is the reason why I switch to en-us keyboard when programing or being a sysadmin. Doing that with czech layout is almost impossible.

Besides, you really can't czech out files from repositories. You have to check them out.

...tip your server, folks, I'll be here all week!

;-)