News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

pak128.Sweden-Ex Screenshots

Started by Ves, September 14, 2016, 10:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

This thread will show what this pakset looks like for those that have not been to the swedish board.
Currently it is a snapshot of previously showed screenshots, have not had time to make new screenshots just yet!

Steam engine littera A pulling three cars

A Freight yard featuring the littera Ma and a bunch of freight cars with clipping errors...

How I imagine the forrest "factory" would produce threes. The house is the "factory" it self and all the brown tiles are coded as fields. The point being that they will occupy more tiles as the factory grows bigger.

Littera Y1

Littera X40

The "R" family

I have made these buildings out of 1 tile blocks, which has been put together in the dat-file. This has the advantage of beeing very flexible and modular, and the disadvantage that it is a pain to code the dat-file.

Some Emu's from different ages

I made some experiment with player colors on some of the Emu's. The lower most track features the actual paintscheme without player colors.

The Dm3 can haul an incredible amount of cars

The Rc locos having a bunch of cars from the 1960ies

Ending up this post with the freshest picture at the moment: Alpha blendings on the signals facing away.
Also, you can see the placement of the Devel-new version signals.

If you have any screenshot, dont hesitate to share!

Edit:
Changed server to Isaacs server (thanks Isaac!)
Edit:
Changed to flickr

jamespetts

I see that we now have a Swedish pakset board - excellent!

Unfortunately, however, the screenshots do not seem to work for me.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Yes, that is excellent! :)
I get grey hair from that picture issue. I just started using Imgur, but I read online that other people also are having issues with pictures not showing up. I will see what else is out there.

edit: Out of interrest, can anybody else see the pictures?

Spenk009

The screenshots are visible on Firefox (Android) and very pretty.

jamespetts

I can see them if I copy and paste the URLs manually - perhaps you could provide a link as well as the embedded image so that those having problems can see them?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

How nice! WHY CANT PAK128.BRITAIN-EX-0.9.2 HAVE SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEN A CAR PARK! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ves

I'm glad you like them :)
If you want any of this, you can grab from the sources (they are linked somewhere in this forum) and compile your own versions to use with the British pakset, alternatively use the individual pak files from the already compiled pakset, existing on the server.exp.simutrans.com. Note that nothing is balanced and you would have to do some datfile editing.

If this picture problem refuses to resolve, I will put a link under each picture as well. Strange it works for some and not for others!

A picture of one of the new T-signals in a snowy landscape

And another T-signal, this one is the Absolute block working method being tested

edit:
Changed server

Ves

For those that struggles to see the files from imgur, this thread have some solutions you might try:

Edit:
I have changed the server to the one Isaac provides, big thank you to you! :)

And another picture to celebrate:

A bunch of commercial cars. This picture also has been presented before, but I accidentally uploaded it to the server, so I might as well just add it here :)
The commercial cars are the one on the right track and are modelled after real world cars. The train on the left track hold the same car in "unpainted" condition.

Ves

The X60:

X60: In traffic from the year 2005 and a popular short range commuter train. The train is configurable to have a minimum of 4 cars, to a maximum of 6 cars.

Ves

Since there need to be some signal boxes around to house the crew that operates the old signals, some houses where needed. But the houses that resembles a signal box, looks in fact like normal houses normal people would live in, demanding some consideration of how to approach painting houses in general. I had painted some houses in the past, but I am not completely sure about them in terms of scale and style. The new houses are approx 18 meters pr tile, and I think it looks ok compared to the enviroment.

I looked at the simplest houses that I could think of and made some variations of them, one wood (red with white borders, of corse!) and one in brick with some ornamentation on it:

The two L-shaped brick houses at the bottom is the same house, turned 90 degrees.

What do you think of the scale, does it work?

Vladki

These are really nice. I don't remember what scale was decided for trains, anyway this looks OK. Might be worth trying one house in other scale to compare?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ves

Thanks!
The trains are around 24 meter or tile, for comparison.

Ves

Work is going slowly forward, its easy to take too much water over ones head!

But, some new signal boxes are made, even featuring alphablending on the roof!

These are all mechanical signal boxes. They might still get some details added, like ground patterns or other ground material so it doenst look so bare.

The two lower ones are outdoor turning handles, only capable of handling mechanical semaphores.
The two upper ones have indoor vertical handles, and can therefore support signals further away. They are also able to support electricity to daylight signals, although no track circuit block is possible.
The red/yellow sign on the daylight signals is a fictive sign that shows that they are absolute block signals. Also, the distant signal has gotten some details added, but its difficult to see on the image

Vladki

Very nice. I really like the mechanical distant signal, with the big pulley at the bottom.

Ves

Thanks!
I would like to add some small details to more signals at some point!

Incidentally, the red/yellow sign on the daylight absolute block signal has been made very much smaller, since it felt too wrong having such a big fictive sign being so visually demanding.
Have no screenshot yet though.

Ves

Oh, time is passing on, but I have made some additions lately:

First the signal package has become quite big, now featuring semaphores with big pulley wheels as well as newer smaller electrical equipment:

Also, freshly painted is an old Ao1 from the year 1908:

Since the previous server.exp.simutrans.com was closed down, I have also moved the pictures to a flickr acount.

jamespetts

How lovely! Can you post a link to the Flickr account? It would be good to post a link to it on the Simutrans-Extended Facebook group.

jamespetts

Ves

When you first get started doing these cars, its only a matter of changing the color and windows, and vupti, you have a new car!  :)

A(II) - is hauling with an A-tender, from beginning of the 1900
G4 - Small good car from around 1880
Ao1 - first class car from 1908
Bo3 - second class car from 1902
Co1 - third class car from 1896

I think I got the colors more or less right.

Will soon have to start programing the classes accordingly..

Junna

The last was quite a while ago, I take it you haven't had time to do any more work? The classes are still unimplemented.

Ves

Yes, I have been quite buisy this winther and spring, with a huge exam-concert, a huge project in my orchestra, practicing towards a big position in another orchestra and moving to another flat on top of that  :P
My main Simutrans time has gone into playing the online game and attempted to code some GUI-stuff for the new features, but I have painted some more of those cars and I believe to have found out that those cars where unfortunately not painted in those colorfull colors by SJ, but by other companies. The SJ ones seems to have been brownish all together of them.
I experimented on my local computer to implement classes, and I was thinking what kind of classes should be included, and if they should share the naming convention of pak.britain or not, and if there should be the same amount.
We definitely need three classes, as there where three different train classes, and question is if there should be a fourth and a fifth class like britain has it.
Regarding the naming, one could name them something like this instead of low to high (throwing some ideas out here):

Luxuary (Lyxklass)
Fine (Finklass)
Normal (Normalklass)
Cheap (Billigklass)

I have hesitated to go code this into the pakset because I have not felt secure of what approach should be taken. I feel that this concept is something that should be decided upon before rather than after.
Thoughts?

Ves

Working on a new building:

Östersund Stadshus.

emirkir

@Ves

As you probably noticed from our previous conversations, I speak fluent swedish... And I think the "Billigklass" should have the name "Budgetklass" or something other, "Billigklass" doesn't sound that perfect... That's my thoughts...

Nice "Stadshus", I wonder whose idea that was...  :D :P

JOIN SIMUTRANS DISCORD-SERVER! https://discord.gg/fpXY772

Ves

Credit goes to you for the inspiration  ;)

Please add to the discussion on classes! There is a thread where some thoughts has been mentioned by me and others! I would love to hear yours.

Ves

This is going to be a big boy:

2x4 tiles

Im creating this building modular, so one will be able to put the pieces together in different ways and so make different buildings.

Junna

You intend to use those like the 1870-1920 tenement blocks in Britain, where they are combinable into courtyard blocks?

Ves

Yes that would be optimum if they can do just that. I just need to make sure when I paint the blocks that they fit together. The middle four blocks of this building, however, will be bound together, since there is a huge tower at the centre of it, which will have to be split into two halves.

Ves

Good summer to all of you!

The Östersund Rådhus (city hall) is slowly coming along:

I know some of the proportions are not right, I had to make some choices to make the building(s) fit inside the tiles.

Already from the existing pieces, one can build different buildings, sort of..

Besides finishing all the tiles for the city hall (two tiles of stairs and walkways between the wings, along with all rotations) I will add some simple modules that can be used in conjunction with the existing pieces to add variation. Also adding some doors and windows to the faces that are currently solid walls.

Vladki

emirkir

Is it possible to switch the cityhall in the standard game to have this instead? (Like one of those for bigger cities?) Anyone who knows?
Btw, I'm back from holidays to start playing Simutrans again!

Ves

Currently it exists not as a city hall, but as 6 different factories which is placed manually next to each other (for testing purposes). In order to properly make it a city hall, the datfile must be created. However, now it ONLY exists in this rotation. It's pretty easy to rotate it to the other direction which would be needed to allow it to become an asymmetric building, it is "just" to mirror all individual buildings and apply the correct shadows for them.
That is one of the things on the todo list with it ?

emirkir

Nice! And very good work. If you're from Östersund you recognize it directly!

Ves

The other day I got inspired to do a proper platform, with big round roof and roof windows.

Google image search: https://www.google.com/search?biw=1804&bih=893&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=ViR4XJv-L6qtrgSHlZaADg&q=malm%C3%B6+centralstation+banhall&oq=malm%C3%B6+centralstation+banhall&gs_l=img.3...97385.98516..98709...0.0..1.235.735.7j0j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i30j0i5i30j0i24.kjY8d6dc2Qw#imgrc=IKHyrSzs2e8mDM:

The google link above goes to a picture search with lots of hits for Malmö Centralstation, a station which have these iconic arches above the platforms.
While drawing, I first reallized that I could not make stops with more than 1 "height", and the structure is so big that it doesnt fit into one 128*128 square. It was only a problem for the graphics with the platform on the lower side of the track, but I came around it by defining the topmost part "backimage", while the rest is "frontimage".

Anyway, here is a picture of the painted platform:

To show the vehicles inside the station, I for fun replaced the lower platform building with just a normal platform:

Although I think it looks surprisingly good, I think it would be a shame to hardcode the platform this way..

Then i ran into an issue:
On the real station the platforms extend beyond the covered platform. When you try to do that with my platform this is the result:

The end cap on the buildings will not be displayed.
Unfortunately it wont be possible to paint the end cap on to each segment, as that would be visible through the roof windows. I would love a datfile parameter that forces the platform to use the end cap when it is in the end of similar platform, but that is probably not going to happen.
I could make an extra platform object that always paints endcaps but that would clutter the toolbar too much I think. Any ideas?