News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Proposall

Started by Moose, October 08, 2016, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moose

Hey guys I am sure most of you have never seen me on the forums before! But for the past month I have played simutrans a lot and am considering doing a rather large map, 3750x3750. I am know paksets are a lot of work but if a good developer or artist who does paksets, let me know. Here is my proposal, I am sure all of you know of carl baker, he is on quite often if you do not know him here's his link on YT or check him out on the forums: https://www.youtube.com/user/carledwardbaker . He made a copy of the entire United Kingdom, which is quite amazing. I would like to take that a step up and  create a Hypothetical Map with realistic lines, and vehicles. The project will be molded after the United States. I am sure most of you know how awesome are lines are over here, mostly cargo lines and slow passenger lines, so this forces the project to add highspeed trains, so this project will not be an exact replica of the United States.  The project will include many well known highways, cities aswell as vehicles. I currently would like it to be a 128 pak but if not possible I would accept a 64 pak. If nobody would like to help on this project I will most likely be using pak 128.
Now the vehicles I would is mostly planes, I am not to good with well known United States trains they are all not good:
Planes:
MD-80
MD-88
C-130
A380
E-175
And Im sure I will come up with a few others, this is currently just a proposall if anyone wants to do it with me if not ill most likely use pak 128 any suggestions please give thanks!  ;)

Im sorry after I read this it sounded like I was saying I was better than him. Which by no means I am, I would just like to do a project like he did but different

Moose

Im sorry after I read this it sounded like I was saying I was better than him. Which by no means I am, I would just like to do a project like he did but different

gauthier

QuoteI am sure most of you know how awesome are lines are over here, mostly cargo lines and slow passenger lines, so this forces the project to add highspeed trains, so this project will not be an exact replica of the United States.
Before starting a new map, there's a "settings" button on the new map window. Take a look at economical values, it may be possible to make them easier so you can have a profitable network even with slow trains.

As far as I know, USA transportation network relies mostly on planes, and these can be highly profitable, paying for unprofitable slow lines.

Moose

Alright well if anyone wants to do a project let me know