News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Issues with multiplayer games

Started by 5045, October 22, 2016, 10:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Unless something changed since I last contributed (which is a long time ago) the public player can just change to any company he like. He does no have to unlock the company, it should be already marked as unlocked for him.
I do not see any logic for this, outside of single player (not network). Come to think of it that logic seems kind of pointless...

I will look into adding this feature.

EDIT:
Added it to r7923. If you are authenticated as public service player it should now be possible to bypass all password checks. It is done automatically when changing from public service player to another company. It can also be done manually by submitting any password to a company. The password integrity of the company should be unchanged during the bypass, however once the bypass is performed if a new password is entered then the password will be changed.

River it would be nice if you could update the nightly server to r7923 once it propagates to the build servers and test if the feature works or has any bugs/exploits. I have not tested this new feature.

River

The Nightly server has been patched and it seems to working great.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on October 24, 2016, 12:46:10 PM
However it is not "waiting" road vehicles that are the problem. The problem in most cases are the "stuck" road vehicles behind the "waiting" ones that are waiting for clearance to use the stop as they are on the same line as the waiting one.

I doubt it is possible to distinguish between a stuck convoy due to traffic or a stuck convoy due to waiting for clearance at a stop.

Some further thoughts have occurred to me in this respect recently. Firstly, in reality, 'buses do not generally block the road when they wait at stops: they pull over, letting cars overtake them. On narrower roads, cars have to use the other side of the road, but on relatively wide roads, which are not uncommon, cars can pass the 'buses without using the opposite side of the road. 'Buses waiting for a space at the 'bus stop also pull over to the side of the road in the same fashion.

As already suggested, it seems to me sensible that road vehicles at in-line road stops should (1) be shown graphically as pulled over (as is currently the case when vehicles are being overtaken); and (2) that it should be possible for any vehicle to pass them on the same side of the road.

Further, and to deal with the issue of vehicles waiting behind them, any road vehicle that is blocked by any vehicle whose state is "pulled over" (which should only happen if that "pulled over" vehicle is blocking a stop wanted by the waiting vehicle) should itself be set to the "pulled over" state so that any other vehicle can pass it. That way, the queues of vehicles awaiting a slot at a road stop should not interfere with through traffic, which is as things are in reality, at least on wide roads. It seems reasonable to assume that all roads in Simutrans are wide roads (especially given the graphics).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.