News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Worker mix for Factories

Started by cato58, November 09, 2016, 03:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cato58

So I started a new city new to a coal mine that had just started.  The workers at the coal mine were all from a city that, while the nearest city, was quite far away.

In previous versions of Simutrans the workers would shift to the new city, if one was started nearby.  I've played several game years of this version, my new city has grown considerable, but all the workers still work in the original city.

Is this a bug?  What do I need to do to go back to the old behavior of past Simutrans?

prissi

Now workers are tied with a city; you could save the game in a very old version like 99.17 and try to reload it. But with the new landscape code there are likely a few things which will can be broken afterwards. But otherwise there is nothing you can do.

Ters

Since you are using "god mode" to create cities, you can also remove and rebuild the factory. It is a bit of hassle to re-establish the contracts with the consumers, though. And I don't remember if you can ensure the same production rate.

DrSuperGood

Maybe when a new city is placed existing factories could have their worker souces updated. This would have to be a new feature though and probably should only apply when making a new city.