News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

R7974 Startcrash

Started by Taurus, December 11, 2016, 11:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurus

Everytime I start Simutrans with the r7974 Nightly it crashes. Error message is: Fatal Error: gui_theme_t::init_gui_themes - Wrong theme loaded Aborting program execution...
I have downloaded it 2 times and deleted the old download before copying in the new one.
Windows 7 64bit

Dwachs

did you download the 'full package'?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Taurus

Yes, i did.
OT: Is operating system enough or is any more data needed?

Dwachs

What about downloading 120.1.3 completely, then overwrite with full-package nightly?

Ters

The r7976 nightly complete failed with an out-of-memory error on the first run for me. It ran fine after that, but that might just be random "luck". I did however use an old copy of pak64 I already had, rather than use Simutrans to download something.

Taurus

It worked once with downloading the 120.1.3 and then overwriting it with r7974. Now I have the same error again.

Dwachs

Did you install custom theme paks? Can you upload your simutrans folder somewhere?

Taurus

I have been using the dev Version of the pak192.comic, which has its own theme ( http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=13577.msg134839#msg134839 ) I sent you the pakset via PN

Dwachs

Could start the pakset. No problem with themes.

The error message is shown of no menu-object with name Divider is present - which most likely means there is no theme installed

Taurus

How do I check that? How do I install one?

Dwachs

There is already a folder themes/ in your zip file. I extracted the archive, copied an executable there, and it worlds.

Taurus

My problem is that it always only works once. If I then copy the files from the .zip over it it works again, but again only once.

Ters

But there are (by default) no files in the directory where Simutrans is installed that gets modified by running the program (unless you install Simutrans in your home directory / Documents folder).