News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Where to find Addons?

Started by kananesgi, December 14, 2016, 12:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kananesgi

As might be expected, I'm new to Simutrans, and I'm starting to look into getting some addons to make it a little more interesting to me. However, I'm running into problems given the age of the game and the seemingly disjointed nature of the community. I've tried searching but almost everything I find is at least 5 years old, most of it is 2010 or older, and on archived threads where links aren't working.

So, in curious, is there no central repository for this game where addon authors can put stuff for the community to easily find? If not, where do new players go to find them?

Specifically, I'm looking for things to "American-ize" the game some (mainly in place names, which I may just make myself) as well as some older American vehicles. Things like a Ford TT truck,  Ford Tri-Motor airplane, 2-8-4 Mikado type locomotive, 4-6-6-4 Challenger or Alleghany types, 4-8-8-4 Big Boy, and such. Is there any place I can find these? Especially vehicles to make the game more playable with a 1920 start time (more ships...).

Also, I don't know if this is the right forum for this. Mods, please move it if needed.

Forgot to mention that I'm playing on the standard pak128 pakset.

prissi

Most of those were never made for pak128 size.

An_dz

The forum is the only 'central' place for addons, but we don't have many as most of them end up being part of the paksets anyway.