News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Thank You to all who contributed to Simutrans

Started by knightly, March 03, 2009, 08:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightly

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all who have created and improved Simutrans so far.

Especially, I would like to thank Hajo for his tremendous efforts in the creation of such an awesome project, Prissi for his patience and dedication for maintaining and improving the game, Rojo (aka Raven) as well as numerous other graphic artists for their beautiful graphics, coders/pak writers/testers/debuggers/nightly-builders for their professional work, and the pakset maintainers who have kept each pakset in well-balanced and playable conditions against new Simutrans versions. Of course, I also want to thank Igor and the many administrators, moderators and devotees who contributed so much in this board.

Besides, I want to say special thanks to those graphic artists who not only create beautiful buildings but also write humourous descriptions for them  :P. If you are not sure what I mean, please take a look at the following 2 descriptions by Mhz from Pak 128. Although these descriptions may seem trivial, they nevertheless make me smile from time to time.  :D

Spike

Thank you :) I'm glad that Simutrans grew so much, and made so many people happy.

Michael 'Cruzer'

I think Simutrans is the greatest game and I also would like to thank all the people, which Knightly above mentioned!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

gauthier

Quoteother graphic artists for their beautiful graphics

I don't know if I'm concerned :D

But you're right, everyone must be thanked a lot, especially coders since they have the most difficult work.
I know a very little how to code in C so I have an idea of the ton of work that was needed to create Simutrans :D

(I'm respectin Hajo as a great master lol !)

knightly

Quote from: gauthier on March 03, 2009, 08:59:03 PM
I don't know if I'm concerned :D

Of course you are included, Gauthier, and thanks for your excellent Maglev pack! :D  And I also mean Vilvoh, Zeno, Hood, Mhz, Patrick, Napik, Haru ... and even Hajo himself! it's just that there are so many graphic artists that I cannot list them all. This shows that the Simutrans community is strong, which is a good thing.  ;)

gauthier

unfortunately (on main pak128, I don't know the others) they aren't many active artists anymore :(

knightly

Oh, really?  :-[ I just thought that apart from you and Zeno, the other graphic artists like Mhz, Patrick, Napik, etc. were still contributing to pak128...

BTW, why aren't the creators of the factories shown on the info window? Many of them are beautifully drawn and deserve our praises. I especially love the steel mill with glowing fire in its workshop.

vilvoh

For each object, if I'm not wrong this only available for buildings, you can specify if the info window will be shown when the user clicks on the building. That window shows several characteristics and attributes from the object, very similar as when you click on a vehicle, and then on Details button. This is call No_info flag, and some of them have it activated, so info from author or characteristics is not shown.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

knightly