News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

"No suitable depot could be found" ought to show what vehicle has issues

Started by Junna, December 23, 2016, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

There is no way to tell what vehicle gives the message and where the problem is.

jamespetts

This is not the easiest of problems to solve, as it involves algorithmically unpacking a number of distinct things (for example, there is no satisfactory way of telling between the accidental deletion of a way/electrification tile to the correct depot and the accidental deletion of the correct depot in circumstances where there are other compatible depots on the map that are not linked to the convoy in question). Had you any idea as to how such a feature might work?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

It should say what vehicle is having difficulty finding a depot, so that action could be taken? I set some to replace. Some is not able to find a depot. I can't determine which.

jamespetts

Ohh, I see: it does not even tell you which vehicle cannot find a depot? That should in principle be easy to implement. I will add it to the list.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

zook2

Just a reminder that having the convoy number displayed would help greatly.

Ves

I have modified the code to also show the convoy name. Unfortunately it would be a bigger task to make it also clickable to the right location, but the fix should at least make it possible to identify the convoy.

fix here: https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/small-gui-fixes

jamespetts

This has now been incorporated and should be available in to-morrow's nightly build.