News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

"Special Freight" cars missing from depots

Started by 13jlin, January 17, 2017, 02:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13jlin

So I don't know if this belongs here or in the help center, but here goes.

I have paks for multiple vehicles installed carrying the following: Cement, Concrete and Autos - Air, Sea, Road and Rail, and similarly factories that produce and demand those things.

I can build the factories, but not the vehicles to carry their products. help?

Ves

Hello!

Since you state that you can build factories, are you perhaps playing as the "public service" player (the name is on the bottom of the screen)?
If so, that might be it, because the public service cannot build and run any vehicles!
Open the players meny and select another company and you should be going :)

13jlin

I'm not that daft!  ;)  They aren't showing up in any of my depots as any player. I probably should have been clearer; a car industry chain spawned, and I switched to public to destroy it since I didn't have any vehicles capable of carrying the product, checking at the same time to see what other industries I can't carry goods for.

Leartin

Could it be that they are not available in the era you are playing? You could simply check by starting a new game without timeline, then you see everything.
Another daft possibility: Could there be a filter active in the depot, to only show vehicles needed on the map? I think that's default nowadays.

13jlin

.... Leartin, the relevant filter was exactly it. Don't I feel silly now... (I suppose its my own fault for my years long hiatus from the game)

Ves

Oh I'm sorry, I read your post a bit too fast too! :)