News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

separate savegames

Started by gauthier, March 08, 2009, 11:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

The problem :
I'm playing pak128 and pak96c, but when I play pak128 and load a savegame, pak96c's savegames appear too and when I play pak96c .....

I think savegames' folder should have folders for paks.

savegames/pak128/......sve
savegames/pak96c/......sve

isidoro

Very nice idea!
If I cannot load it, I shouldn't see it.

jamespetts

That is indeed a good idea, although, it's not as easy as it looks, since two slightly different (but compatible) paksets might reside in different folders...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Michael 'Cruzer'

I really like the idea!

But the name of the savegame folder shouldn't the name of the Pak-Set folder. It would be better if the name of the savegame folder is set in the simuconf.tab!
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

VS

I have installed three versions of pak128 in folders pak128-1.4.4, pak128-567 and pak128. What and how decides that saves are incompatible?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

... So the name of folder = pak's name of folder is a good idea to separate different versions ;)

prissi

Well, but this is already implemented. YOu only have to scroll a little.

VS

Hmm, maybe a checkbox that toggles visibility of all games with name other than currently loaded pakset, by default set to hide? Like:

a)

[____________________]
save123       pak128
save456       pak128
save789       pak128

show saves from different versions [ ]

b)

[____________________]
save123       pak128
save456       pak128
save789       pak128
hgfhgfhfd     pak128-nightly-234
supertown     pak96.comic
mygame        pak

show saves from different versions [X]

That way you can filter out the visual clutter and still load games from different versions if the need be.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Or just sort the exact matches to the top and then the matching beginnings and then then rest ...

z9999

I support original gauthier's idea and Cruzer's idea, folder name from simuconf.tab.