News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

How build an exchange station

Started by accord2, February 01, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

So in Simutrans Experimental now vehicles have a maximum route size.  I want to build a line from a coal mine to a coal merchant. They are 25 kms apart, so in the middle I built an exchange station. The problem is the coal doesn't exchange, it disappears! I build in other map the same thing in a smaller scale and it works, so I can't understand what I am doing wrong....

Edit: I found that if I build a cargo storage the coal doesn't disappear. However it is expensive. Is there a cheaper way?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Rollmaterial

The range just means the vehicle needs to stop within that range, not that it cannot travel further.

As for the disappearing, the goods are only shown in the station window when the transfer/transhipment time has elapsed. There seems to be a bug however, as goods do seem to disappear or at least stay in transit much longer than they should.

accord2

I see. About the range, I still don't get it. I created a passenger line between two main towns. They are 37 km away but they have several small village stops in the middle. However it still says the line exceeds the 25 km by 11km. I selected mirror schedule. How I make it work?

Rollmaterial

Have you tried manually scheduling the return trip?

accord2

Quote from: Rollmaterial on February 01, 2017, 06:44:15 PM
Have you tried manually scheduling the return trip?
Oh! I haven't, I thought the game would use the same distances backwards. That is just not practical... But it will be fine. Thanks :)

Rollmaterial

In that case, that's a bug too. I'd suggest filing a bug report to the Development board.