News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

(devel new) Intermittent freezing

Started by Junna, February 04, 2017, 02:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgc2qg58cdqysi8/ders610.rar

At around 5:25:00 in October, the game suddenly starts moving sluggishly, freezing intermittently for varying lengths of time, becoming unresponsive but not crashing fully.

Pak should be the same as the one I posted previously in the landscaping issue thread.

jamespetts

Are you sure that this is the correct saved game? It is currently in August.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Hmm, it seems right for me, I checked it just now, though I uploaded another file where it was accidentally named 610 but was actually earlier. Did you mistake the one?

jamespetts

My apologies - I think that I had confused the automatically loaded game for the save file. I have the correct one now, but I am afraid that, at 5:54 in October, I cannot reproduce this issue. Are you using the latest binaries?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

The time seems to vary but it seems to happen eventually. Tried newer compile -- now happened at 06:03:00 or so.

jamespetts

Hmm - further investigation shows that the immediate cause of this appears to be many millions of passengers trying to get to an oil refinery at Sanguine at once, clogging up the 'bus stop at Sanguine Cornflower Street and causing great CPU load.

I am not yet sure what is causing this anomaly.

Edit: Passengers already appear to be at that 'bus stop in extreme numbers on the game loading.