News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

PAK128 Britain for 101

Started by druid, March 08, 2009, 08:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druid

Hi all
is there going to be an addition to the british roads pak. Currently the only real road is the asphalt road, which is slow. Are we going to have a dual carriageway or a motorway added soon.
thanx

The Hood

Yes, but it's not very high up the priority list - things take a while to do when only 1-2 people are drawing things!  (see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1467.0).

Alternatively, the sources are available on sourceforge (http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak128.Britain/), so you can either make your own higher speed variant using the same graphics, or modify the graphics and create a motorway yourself (and as long as the graphics style fits with the rest of the pak I will probably include it!).  I'm always happy to let other people get involved and speed things up and create the missing bits if they want to!

druid

Thanx for that I use fireworks 8 a lot and very used to playing and creating png images. If I want to use your PNG for the asphalt road, download it and modify the pictures it into a motorway what do I do with it once modified, also do I simply change the speed rating, and or any other data in the .dat file on the sourceforge repository after downloading that file and then how do I upload that.
I am new to this but would really like to get involved.
druid

The Hood

For now it's only me (or people like prissi) who have access to upload to the SVN.  If you have something, email the dat and png to me (james_p_hood@hotmail.com) and if it is consistent with the graphics I will add it to SVN (assuming you are OK for your stuff to be open source on the artistic license, and you don't mind me fiddling with anything that needs changing to make it fit or balance or whatever...). 

If you do decide to do stuff (and that would be great!), then probably best if you add a post to the to-do list thread and say what you are doing to avoid duplication. 

Most of the graphics (but not all) are blender 3D models tidied up in paint / the GIMP.  If you want to go down that route (for consistency) I can send you blender files of most of the objects (just ask which one you want).  But if you prefer to hand-draw, and you can get things that look consistent, then do that.  :)