News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Mac 120.1.3 r7753 Freezes then Quits

Started by xiaopeng, February 28, 2017, 06:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiaopeng

I used to play on a Windows machine, but recently switched to a Mac running Sierra. I installed the SDL2 framework as suggested on the forums, then downloaded the Mac installer from Sourceforge. Ran the Unix executable file and modified simuconf.tab as suggested on the forum so I can use addons. I copied over the contents of my maps, addons, and save folders from my old computer, and they show up in the heightmap and load menus in Simutrans (and the addons are getting used in the pre-generated game that appears on startup, so I assume they are working as well). I can run Simutrans and can start a new game, but whenever I try to load a saved game from my old machine, Simutrans gets stuck exactly halfway through the "Destroying old map" progress bar. My Mac slows to a crawl, the cursor turns into an hourglass, and within about a minute or so, Simutrans quits. Any ideas what's going on? The last few lines from the command prompt thing that runs with Simutrans says:

Calculating textures ...done
World destroyed.
Loading BDF font 'cyr.bdf'
Running world, pause=0, fast forward=0 ...
World destroyed.
World destroyed.
FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::read - savegame corrupt, not enough data
Aborting program execution ...

For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum at
http://forum.simutrans.com
Killed: 9
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I suspect that because I am able to save a new game on the Mac and load it successfully that there is some compatibility issue with my Windows version .sve files and the .sve files created by the Mac. Is there any hope for my old savegames?

prissi

It says "safegame corrupt", which either indicates that the file was not copied correct or is too short, or the decompression algorithm failed. Since the latter never had happened yet, the bet is on the first two.

But there has been some error in the nightlies a while back, which had trouble with multithreading. If possible, wait for the new 120.2.1 release. (We do not have a Mac machine, so we rely on user to built a release.)