News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Pak128.Britain-Ex wont open when selected.

Started by fam621, March 09, 2017, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, Pak128.Britain-Ex wont open when selected, it keeps crashing....

Ves

Hello fam, try open the simuconf.tab (located in the  "config" folder in the simutrans directory.
In that file, find the setting that says:
#singleuser_install=0 and change it to the following:
singleuser_install=1
(Difference: removing the "#" and replacing 0 with 1).
See if that can help! :)

fam621

Which one do I change? Also, when I did that change, it did not work.

Ves

It is the simuconf.tab that is located with this directory:
(Simutrans game folder)\config\simuconf.tab, not the one in the pakset folder. It might not be that which is the problem, but then I don't know what might be wrong.

fam621

It doesnt work, I've tried.

jamespetts

Can you be more specific as to the circumstances in which this problem first occurred? You have evidently been using Pak128.Britain-Ex very recently, so this problem must have started to occur after some specific and recent change, which will be directly related to the cause of it. You will need to identify what that change is for me to be able to investigate properly and understand the issue that you are reporting.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

I have followed the steps that Ves has told me to do, then I load Simutrans Ex then after I load Pak128.Britain-Ex, it crashes!

jamespetts

So this is not a problem with the downloaded build, but something that you have built yourself?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

Try deleting the autosave in the save directory.

Ves

Could you please answer James question, did you add any pakfiles yourself to the game? What about some of those paks you managed to split out from the big .pak-file from the other thread? did you put those in the game folder?

fam621

Yes, it was because it was missing a bus.