News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

How to expand town name list?

Started by emuricdo, March 16, 2021, 04:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emuricdo

How can i expand the town name list in pak128.Japan?
I would like to extend it, as the name list seems to consist only of 76 names, which is not enough for large maps with hundreds of cities. When i tried to edit the citylist_de file in the text folder, i recieve a message, which tells me, that I have no permission to edit the list.
Therefore i would like to ask, if there is a different way to extend the town name list in pak128.Japan.

Leartin

You should have the rights on your own machine. Perhaps if you save it elsewhere and then move it to the correct folder, the OS gives you the prompt "you need administrator privilege, activate now?" - It's not Simutrans denying you.

The other thing is the addon folder. If you are not using a portable build, you should have a Simutrans folder in your documents folder for your saves. You can add "Simutrans/addons/pak128.japan/text/citylist_de.txt" there, and it should be loaded by the game same as if it was in the programs folder - but being in your documents folder, you don't need any privilege to manipulate files there.

emuricdo

I tried it and it worked. Thank you very much for your help.

Andarix

You can copy citylist from pak128.german (2000 Citys) or from pak64.german (3275 Citys).