News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

99.17.1/Pak128: "Unknown pure virtual function call"

Started by cp5021sa, August 17, 2008, 11:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cp5021sa

Hi,

When I was playing, a message box popped-up suddenly (see the attached picture). Can anyone give some advice?

binary: Bug in 99.17.1
pak used: pak128

Thanks for your kind attention.

whoami

This error occurs occasionally, but the reason for it is not known. @all: it well be very useful if anyone could provide a savegame that allows to reproduce this specific crash, then there's a chance that the bug behind it can be fixed.

(@cp5021sa: changed the title of your request to show version and pak info.)

cp5021sa

Quote from: whoami on August 17, 2008, 02:39:21 PM
This error occurs occasionally, but the reason for it is not known. @all: it well be very useful if anyone could provide a savegame that allows to reproduce this specific crash, then there's a chance that the bug behind it can be fixed.

(@cp5021sa: changed the title of your request to show version and pak info.)

Oops...I would like to attach the savegame, but it's too large (1.05MB) for this forum server...

Frank

Quote from: cp5021sa on August 17, 2008, 05:34:13 PM
Oops...I would like to attach the savegame, but it's too large (1.05MB) for this forum server...

Send me a mail with the sve file, please.

cp5021sa

Quote from: Frank on August 17, 2008, 05:39:33 PM
Send me a mail with the sve file, please.

Thanks for your help. Fortunately I found a server to upload my save file. Please try the following link.

http://www.badongo.com/file/10918088

prissi

This has usually many reasons, like deletion of an airplane while flying over a renovating townhall or a pedestrain double delete or so. Should never happens, but I discover from time to time so few occasions it may happen. When does it happen in this game?

cp5021sa

It's happens on June 1946. Before that, I have only re-route / re-schedule vehicles.

prissi

Well, I could run it for infinity. However, many addon are missing when loading, and thus I get an error when quitting the game.

cp5021sa

Amazing! Maybe this crash only occurs when running in T. Chinese. Anyway, I also attach my addon (below link) for your easily testing.

http://www.badongo.com/file/10930671

cp5021sa

Quote from: prissi on August 18, 2008, 07:36:48 AM
Well, I could run it for infinity. However, many addon are missing when loading, and thus I get an error when quitting the game.
Yup, I installed many addons, and the error must occur when quitting the game.  ::)

However, I tried to run the save again in different languages today, but the error still happened on June 1946!  :(
Are the addons influencing my save?

prissi

Probably then something with the extension of the townhall. There were some errors with that in 99.17.1. It run for infinity on 100.x Nightly.