News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Can't load passengers in overcrowded stations

Started by Lord Vetinari, April 27, 2009, 09:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Vetinari

I have a line with some overcrowded stations. Empty trains going to the passengers destination stops there, but passengers won't get on. As soon as I solve the overcrowding problem by adding some more capacity to the station (new platform tiles, extension bindings, etc.), the trains start to load passengers again. I remember that only overcrowded factories won't accept new goods, but this shouldn't affect passengers stations, am I wrong?

I found the same problem both on the stabe 102 and on the last nightly (using the same savegame), windows version, pak 64.

jamespetts

You probably have "no_routing_over_overcrowded" set in simuconf.tab. People are not getting on your transports because their next stop is overcrowded. Because all the stops are crowded, nothing can go anywhere. I recommend turning "no_routing_over_overcrowded" off. Unfortunately, changing that won't affect your existing saved games, so you'll have to start afresh.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Lord Vetinari

I was using the simutrans experimental config. I can't find that option in the file ???

jamespetts

Hmm - were you using the Simutrans-Experimental config with Simutrans-Standard? If it's not specified in the configuration file, it won't be enabled, as that feature is disabled by default. But be careful: there are two places where you can find simuconf.tab files: (1) the pakset directory; and (2) the main config directory. The settings in the pakset directory override the ones in the main directory, but, where something is not specified in the pakset directory, the settings in the main directory are active. So, check both configuration files. If either of them say "no_routing_over_overcrowded=1", then that option is not enabled. Is "avoid_overcrowding=1" enabled?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.