News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

8.5 billion cows in Transit

Started by zook2, April 04, 2017, 05:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

I downloaded the latest windows package last night, and found this bug (with a slaughterhouse in 1780). I can upload the savegame, if you need it.

jamespetts

I should b grateful if you could upload the saved game: that would be most helpful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Looks like a typical signed vs unsigned mathematics error. Standard used to have tons of these until more correct fixed point logic was implemented.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. This problem is hard to trace because it occurred in the past, and its creation cannot be reproduced in the saved game: only its numerical consequence in the in transit figure, which is saved.

I have pushed a possible fix to prevent this issue from recurring, but this will not modify the incorrect (saved) in transit figure in this particular saved game, I am afraid.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.