News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Pak 96.comic overhead powerline project(railroad)

Started by the almighty snark, March 13, 2009, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the almighty snark

The 96.comic pak still needs a good powerline for the train track, so i decided to keep progress of it in this topic, if anyone has suggestions or idea's then i'd love to hear about it!

The pole is still a bit thick, and the second pole in the background can be ignored.

Should this line be supported by 2 beams or by a single beam? The tramtrack that is used as a base uses 2.

the almighty snark

Made quite some progress with the current design today. As you can see i started by numbering everything so its easy to identify a certain part. Most of the straight parts are down now.

current speed limit is 200 KM/H. Although most passenger carriages and freight trains dont support this speed yet.

Alex. Brose

Wow! Nice!

But the pylons are to big imho. I think 3 px are enough. :)

the almighty snark

I think so to, i tried to make it look like a H-beam profile, but that doesnt work on the 96 scale.

VS

Now that you mention it, I can see what you wanted, but it did not work. I can see that it is a H profile only after being told and concentrating on comparing different direction views. But in game you will see mostly long straight stretches - with identical pylons.

So, :( for H profiles, otherwise :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

the almighty snark

I came to the same conclusion, dont ask why i still used them anyway :'(. Oh well, live and learn i suppose!

Alex. Brose

Guten Tag,

how's the state of affairs?  :)
Are you still working on this project?

the almighty snark

Still working on it, although im havent had a lot of time this week, Im the lead environment artist on my team, we need to make a animation so im working fulltime on that now. I also spent a few days at the airfield without my laptop. :)

Alex. Brose

Well, gar kein Problem. Just take up time.

I just wanted to know if the project was fallen asleep. But it wasn't. That's nice. :D