News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Translation

Started by Frank, April 09, 2017, 12:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

check the text suggestion ( ja, en, de, pl ) on Translator please

gauthier

Sorry, I don't understand what you want exactly.

DrSuperGood

As far as I am aware SimuTranslator does not have the latest paths for pak128 text, as such is not usable to translate it. The English text was largely revised by myself directly from the file a while ago and even that is missing many of the newer text paths such as for low speed elevated ways.

gauthier

I never used SimutransTranslator and don't know how it works :/ Could you explain me what I have to do to fix this ?

Frank

@DrSuperGood

I have in October 2016 all missing from the SVN in the Translator set.

Thus, only objects were missing after 15 October 2016.

nl translate 99,9 % from 2852 objects

@gauthier

example for help file

Quote from: An_dz on January 15, 2016, 05:15:51 PM
- Open Simutranslator
- Click on "Search Objects and Texts"
- Choose "Help Files" in the first dropdown
- Click "List Objects" button
- Click on one of the listed items
- Look for the edit box for ID (Indonesian) and type
- Click the Save button right below this text area

gauthier

I meant: how can I help about that:
QuoteAs far as I am aware SimuTranslator does not have the latest paths for pak128 text
?

uci

Recently, pak128 translation files have been imported to SimuTranslator. There are several objects with 2 slightly different translations (one in SimuTranslator, another one imported from the pak). We should opt now for one of them.

I want to ask pak128 maintainers, what are their views about this choice? Also, I want to know if the next version of pak128 will use the SimuTranslator files. I will be glad to help with SimuTranslator, if my effort is not worthless.

Frank

In general, translation files should not be stored in the repos.

These can also be loaded by shell script from the translator.

see get_lang_files.sh in Repos from Simutrans-Standard or Simutrans-Extended

And for object import in translator you can define 3 Users actual. The set-maintainter ( in Translator ) can set 2 co-maintainter ( Rights of the corresponding user provided ).

see Set Info Page

gauthier

I would like to use files from Simutranslator. Last time I tried to do so, I could only download file for every language one by one. I will try what Frank said. Don't worry, your effort will not be worthless ;)

QuoteI want to ask pak128 maintainers, what are their views about this choice?
Don't use plural for "maintainer", the former maintainer almost disappeared without notice  ;D
I'm not sure, maybe I got an account on Simutranslator long ago. Frank, could you check this for me or create me a set-maintainer account please ?

Frank

Quote from: gauthier on March 10, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
I would like to use files from Simutranslator. Last time I tried to do so, I could only download file for every language one by one. I will try what Frank said. Don't worry, your effort will not be worthless ;)

Setmaintainter and co-maintainer can download a complete package.

Quote from: gauthier on March 10, 2018, 10:27:47 AM
I'm not sure, maybe I got an account on Simutranslator long ago. Frank, could you check this for me or create me a set-maintainer account please ?

mmh

In the translator 267 users are registered.

Since I need a clue to find a specific name.

gauthier

Probably the same as here: "Gauthier" (with or without uppercase G).

Frank

There are 1069 translation suggestions in the Translator.

Mostly nl but also other languages.

please check this

Object Guide

Choose as in the picture and click on 'Search'

Frank

Please check the Translator.

I have deleted several objects that are no longer relevant (have been renamed) and transferred the translations to the new names.

Please also check the text suggestions in various languages.

uci

Latest pak128 release did not include contributions from SimuTranslator. For example, I did some translations half a year ago for objects 'river_0a' through 'river_30'. Please check SimuTranslator.

makie

It seems nobody feels responsible for pak128.

I can transfer the japanese texts to the simutrans svn. Should I do that?

As far as I can see, all other languages need a revision.

gauthier

I feel responsible for pak128, sadly I'm the only one and I don't have much free time. Anyway, please know that I have never refused help !
I had issues for long with simutranslator and got a working account only a couple weeks ago, so translations will be updated in the next release (I don't know when). Until then you can still download translation files for you language from simutranslator.

uci

Thanks gauthier, your comment gives me a push to continue translations for pak128. I only translate/update for english.