News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[Gui] Is it necessary to close the schedule window?

Started by Yona-TYT, May 03, 2017, 02:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I noticed that when you create a used line (Serves line -> <create new line>) then press the [Start] button, the vehicle will not start.
But when the Schedule button is used directly, the vehicle will start.  ???

Dwachs

The schedule in the schedule window will be transferred to the vehicles when the schedule window closes. That means, as long as the schedule window is open the vehicle has an empty schedule. Clicking start then gives an error message 'No schedule'.

I am not sure whether I understand your question in the right way.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: Dwachs on May 03, 2017, 04:57:10 PM
The schedule in the schedule window will be transferred to the vehicles when the schedule window closes. That means, as long as the schedule window is open the vehicle has an empty schedule. Clicking start then gives an error message 'No schedule'.
I do not think so, when the [Schedule] button is used, the vehicle starts without closing the window Schedule.

I think it should be the same behavior when using [Serves line].

Ters

Quote from: Yona-TYT on May 03, 2017, 07:52:07 PM
I do not think so, when the [Schedule] button is used, the vehicle starts without closing the window Schedule.

That sounds very wrong, considering that vehicles stop when opening their schedule windows. (They don't when opening their line's schedule, though.) Not being able to start a vehicle while their schedule is still being set-up, with closing the window being the only way to tell the game you're done, is probably useful in preventing novice players from starting vehicles with incomplete schedules. As it is, it seems backwards, since I assume line schedules can be corrected after the vehicles leaves the depot, which is not that clear for individual vehicle schedules (at least if the vehicle is moving).

prissi

The schedule window is the only way to stop a vehicle.

The Line window does only update the line when closing, and vehciles will route to the closest next stop in the line. Otherwise (live update) people will be flooded with no route found for schedules with one stop or vehicle will jump forward and backwards when entering stops.