News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

3 and 4 aspect signals don't show a single yellow aspect when a station....

Started by fam621, April 30, 2017, 10:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

.... platform is clear of any trains. I have noticed a problem when I play Simutrans Extended using the pak128.Britain-Ex-Nightly pakset, the 3 and 4 aspect signals don't clear to single yellow, instead it clears to green (3 aspect) or double yellow (4 aspect), I have in this case provided a screenshot to show what I mean and I have also provided a save so that it can be fixed. Apart from that no other bugs to report. Link to screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/v43iX. Link to save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_YlpMVmxvc3FiQm8. (I hope to the lord that this is good enough to be solved (the red circle around the signal outside Polingpike shows what I mean))

jamespetts

Sorry for not having had a chance to look into this earlier. Your link refers to a saved game from pak.ngb (so far as I can tell from the name), and I cannot see Imagur pictures, so I cannot see the screenshot. I cannot debug signalling problems in pak.ngb, as that pakset does not, so far as I know, have the Extended specific signalling parameters, so all the signals are treated as two aspect signals in the cab signalling working method (if I remember the defaults correctly).

It might well be, as Vladki indicated, that this is the same problem as was reported in another thread and fixed just now. Do you think that you could check with the next nightly version (i.e. that from Monday, the 8th of May) to see whether this problem is now solved?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Ok. The signals in pak.ngb work of the track circuit block method.

jamespetts

If you can let me know whether to-morrow's nightly build fixes this, I should be most grateful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Is this issue specific to pak.ngb? If so, the problem is likely to be that the pakset is simply not set up to work with 3 and 4 aspect signals (there have to be specific settings in the .dat files that are compiled into the .pak files that make up a pakset to tell signals to work as 3 or 4 aspect signals), and these settings were only introduced in version 12, whereas Carl Baker's map, for which this pakset was designed, was produced in the old Simutrans-Experimental version 11, so I doubt that any of the signals here are defined as having 3 or 4 aspects.

fam621

The real problem was to do with trains slowing down for stop signals on that pakset and also that they have a set max speed of 160km/h.

jamespetts

These things are also likely to be caused by the same issue, viz/ the pakset not having the data defined for the new signalling system.