News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Old steam locomotives (1830-1870)

Started by vilvoh, March 28, 2009, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Following the suggestions from Lodovico's Niwi report about pak64 timeline, I've decided to make several old steam locomotives. This was Lodovic's recommendation:
Quote- a locomotive for a period 1850 - 1870. Desired power: 50 - 200 kW, desired cost 1.5 - 2.5 ¢/km.,

but I wan't make just one.These are the candidates for the set:

In addition, I'll make a passengers wagon for the period 1850-1870. It's called Kinkade coach. Any additional requests?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

colonyan

Good to hear.:) New loco & Passenger car!
Fact, gap between adler(1835-1857) and kkSTB110(1863-1926) is 28 years!

If I've given vote, I will go Iron Duke or Crampton
From the photos only, Iron Duke looks best.  Next will be Crampton.

There is also big gap between two passenger cars
PrPersonnenWagen 1855-1951 and Passagierwagen 1924-1998
a gap of 69(!!) years.
If permitted I will request a passenger wagon(and modified mail wagon) appearing
around 1880-1890.

vilvoh

Thanks for the link, Frank. Some of the steam locos shown from 1835-1875 are very similar to Crampton, so I think it will be a good candidate.

Btw, the set will consist of 5 or 6 locos..

vilvoh

A preview of the first three items of the set:

P.S: I've included Hackworth because it's very similar to RSC Locomotion No. 1.

colonyan

vilvoh

The set is ready for downloading. They don't have a lot of power so they can't pull big amounts of goods (the limit would be about 25-40 tn)

Matthi205

The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

jk271

I love these locos. Crampton is my favourite one.
Unfortunately they are not part of pak64 - they are available only as a addon - althow there is a big gap alter locomotive Adler.

greenling

jk271
the big problem it that the railwaycomany from 1835 until 1890 not be often speak over theirs Steam locomotive
and Paint a Steam locomotive was by Painter not be like.Photos from Steam locomotive was very rar out this time.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

There is the raven set. But those engines were unfourtunately rendered and needs more retouches by hand.

There is a sceond page. Those engines are very nice, but just very rough ... anyone retouching them would be great.

Thrillville109

Link's dead, does anyone still have this?

prissi

Yes, there was an experimental pak64 set, and it was in the sources. I still have it as well, but the PNG + DAT are too large to be attached.

Thrillville109

Well, can you put an external link to it?

prissi

I have the images. I do not have a dat for Standard. I am not sure if the experimental source give good data for standard.

https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/19th-Century-experimental-src.7z

Thrillville109

prissi

These are exactly the locos of vilvoh. There have never been something else. Raven set has rather newer engines, I check it.

Thrillville109

Quote from: prissi on October 18, 2019, 02:26:33 AM
These are exactly the locos of vilvoh. There have never been something else. Raven set has rather newer engines, I check it.
That is actually wrong, the Crampton from the pak64.german set is made by vilvoh, but is not in pak64 traditionally. This is something else, and you're sorely mistaken.

not edit: sorry it's been 2 years I just sort of fell out of the community for a while

prissi

Can you be a little more specific, why these are not the same engines? (Apart from the above links all dead.) They are not in pak64, because they had a lot or issue (like different width upwards and downwards etc) due to rendering.

Thrillville109

The pak64.german locomotive has completely different graphics to the pak64 version, with credits being given to vilvoh, the creator of this set, rather than to raven as in the pak64 version.