News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Questions about UI

Started by Alpaca, November 23, 2018, 12:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpaca

Hi I'm New player of this game.
I had a slight inconvenience during the play.

1. Why is the click to turn off the toolbar not the left of the mouse but the right?
    Usually,  use the left click when we get their own function. At first I thought there was no turning off function by toggle to icons.

2. Why the mouse pointer also moving when dragging and releasing the world?

These may not seem strange to the expert users. but not for new one like me.
It's a trivial things, but the entry barriers can not be ignored, and implementation is likely to be easy.
So I want to request for these functions.. :)

Ters

Quote from: Alpaca on November 23, 2018, 12:13:44 PMWhy is the click to turn off the toolbar not the left of the mouse but the right?
I guess it is because left clicking brings the window belonging to the button to the front. That window might have become buried below other windows, so being able to bring it back up is very useful for me. I always close the windows with their own close buttons and never knew about what right clicking does.

Quote from: Alpaca on November 23, 2018, 12:13:44 PMWhy the mouse pointer also moving when dragging and releasing the world?
The mouse pointer always moves when the mouse moves. That is usually ensured by the operating system. I can't see this, though, as Simutrans hides the mouse pointer when panning. It also resets the cursor position when it has processed the mouse movement event. Different operating systems, and even different back-ends for them, may prohibit or make it more difficult for Simutrans to do these things.