News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Factory Supply Limit

Started by cato58, May 29, 2017, 06:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cato58

My games in Simutrans involves making consumer factories - like a Construction Wholesaler - have very low consumption rates, and instead have a Construction Wholesaler in every city.  I select the crisscross option, so a Steel Mill will supply every Construction Wholesaler.   I play on quite large maps.

Now for an item like Steel, I see this:  Steel 0/60(59)/100t, which I am interpreting as I have 0 tons of steel at the wholesaler, there is 60 tons in the supply route, there is a maximum allowable of 59 tons in the supply change, and the factory can hold up to 100 tons.

In the help screen it tells me that the 59 limit is included in all games except the beginner mode.

So my question is: how is the 59 limit calculated?  Can I change something in the game settings or the dat file(s) to increase that limit?

Thanks!

Ters

I don't know the exact formula and I don't have the time to try to find it in the code, but if memory serves me right, for JIT1 (the default), it is based on the consumption rate and the distance to the supplier(s). I don't know what JIT2 puts in this number, as JIT2 takes a different approach to keeping goods flowing at the correct rate (assuming there is enough production capacity).

cato58

Thanks!  So it sounds like one way to adjust it is to increase the consumption of the factory.

Guess Ill just have to live with it.

cato58

I found a Just_In_Time flag in the simuconf.tab that I turned off, and that seems to shut off this feature.

Vladki

Cato, would you try playing with jit=2? It may provide better balance for you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

cato58

Just what I was looking for!  Thanks