News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

simutrans nightly 20190830 in 1850 no more mail cars for train?

Started by waerth, October 28, 2019, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

Hello,

I am playing this version still. I have generated a 2km by 1km map with over a 1500 cities, took well over an hour or so. I am currently in 1850 and wanted to expand my 2nd intercity line with extra carriages. But I noticed that by April 1850 there were no more mail carriages available in the depot, snif.

Any indication in which year new mail carriages get introduced so I can expand the number of trains on my extended intercity line. And can put trains on the new intercity line I am building.

Now that we are on the subject of mail anyway, by what year does the number of parcels start to increase? 1850 is the year of the stamp so I expect from here on out more mail.

The map takes about 15gb of RAM. I have 32gb though. When I tried a bigger map it failed on initialization :(

Rollmaterial

Mail only starts to flow when you have an extensive network.

waerth

Ermmm I have about 50 stations ...... should be enough to have more mail than the odd mail I have now.
I have 2 Intercity lines
10 Sprinter lines
10 Branch lines

3rd intercity line which is build will be serviced once mail carriages are available again is 250 km+

Vladki

Quote from: waerth on October 28, 2019, 11:14:55 AMI am playing this version still. I have generated a 2km by 1km map with over a 1500 cities, took well over an hour or so. I am currently in 1850 and wanted to expand my 2nd intercity line with extra carriages. But I noticed that by April 1850 there were no more mail carriages available in the depot, snif.

You have to wait till September 1850 for the 4wheel-1850s carriage set, which includes mail carriages.
I think it should be considered a bug that the gjr-mail and LMR-4Wheel-TPO retire in April 1850, and there is no other mail carriage until September 1850.

waerth

Spenk009

That depends on when James sees, agrees with and merges it. If not tonight (for tomorrow), then most probably tomorrow.

Mariculous

If that takes too long, for sure you can always search for that branch in the pull requests, check it out and compile it on your own.
Just for completeness.

jamespetts

I had incorporated the fix for this a few days ago; my apologies for not updating the thread until now. Thanks to Spenk009 for working on this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.