The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: PigeonPack  (Read 2890 times)

Offline passengerpigeon

• Languages: EN, ES, FR
PigeonPack
« on: August 18, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
The PigeonPack is a set of original-design vehicles and (in the future) infrastructure and station tiles that are intended to enhance the Pak64 experience and bring to the pakset features that are missing but found in other paksets. It also aims to fill holes in the default vehicle library. This first release focuses on early electric trains, trams and carriages, since these are lacking in the default game, but future releases will include all kinds of vehicles. Feedback and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated as I do not know yet whether the vehicles are optimally balanced.
Mirror link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-4LmfK__2a1ZnctWFNVSXdwMDQ/view?usp=sharing

Offline passengerpigeon

Re: PigeonPack
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 02:11:24 AM »
I have taken a long hiatus from Simutrans, but I am back now and working on this pack again. After losing tons of money on my main game world with the high-speed Tiger-series trains, despite running them full over long distances on completely segregated high-speed railways, I am creating a new high-speed train that is better balanced. The next release will feature this as well as a few other vehicles.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:19:45 PM by passengerpigeon »

Offline IgorEliezer br

• Devotee
  • Administrator
  • Cake recipes are cool... REALLY!
    • Igor Eliezer Architect and Urban Planner/Arquiteto e Urbanista
  • Languages: PT, EN, AutoLISP, Python
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »
I have taken a long hiatus from Simutrans, but I am back now and working on this pack again.
Welcome back. :)

Offline passengerpigeon

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
I will aim to release the new version of my pack tomorrow, containing a (hopeful) fix for a carriage alignment bug and a few new vehicles, one of which is attached here. The download link on the first post will be updated once it is out.

My aim for this pak is to create a "one-stop-shop" extension for people who like the gameplay, graphics and/or balance of Pak64 but want the variety and functionality of Pak128. The third rail and old overhead lines currently implemented are a step in that direction, and subsequent releases will add trolleybuses, additional platforms and station buildings, elevated track, and a whole fleet of new vehicles. Post-1930s multiple units and road vehicles are the next priority on that front, with locomotives and airplanes planned for later.