News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

My Map after a century and a half

Started by DThunder518, August 28, 2017, 04:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DThunder518

This is my first post, so please be kind! However feedback is always appreciated.

I've been playing this 2048x2048 map for over a year so (pak 128 with lots of add-ons).

About 160 years have gone by in the game.

I've connected a lot of the large urban areas via rail (conventional and maglev) and air

I've posted videos of some of the lines to YouTube

Commuter Train

Regional Train

Airport Train

Cargo Plane Delivery

Freight Train

I'm at the point now where I've created a second company in the bottom corner of the map that is connecting some of the outlying rural areas and competing for some of the freight business.

gauthier

Nice network, a bit sad for your trains that you don't make an extensive use of diagonals, they must slow down as hell in 90° curves. I'm curious about how the western and the southern large cities are connected, I cannot see a nice straight line between them like what you have done with the eastern large city.

DThunder518

For some reason I've always found the diagonal rails visually unappealing, so I do make them very often.  But maybe I should be more open to them.

There is traditional rail, high speed rail, and maglev service between the regions via the central cities.

But the most direct connection from the west to the south is via air. I've circled the passenger airports in pink.

The orange circles are the small cargo airports for the second company that I created that mostly operates in the southern tier.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: DThunder518 on August 28, 2017, 04:29:31 PM
This is my first post, so please be kind! However feedback is always appreciated.
I can't be unkind towards showcases such as this here. :)

A question: is the whole map covered with that tree density?

DThunder518

Yes, for the most part. However, I usually play in the "hide trees" mode.

accord2

Very Cool network!! By the way, how did you recorded the videos? I'd like to make some too.  :)
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

DThunder518

Thank you. I play on my MacBook. In MacOS you can do screen recordings with QuickTime. I look forward to seeing your network!