News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Nothing Happens

Started by DonnyRover3, August 17, 2008, 04:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnyRover3

Hello,

I've looked in the Wiki and found no problems with my railway system but no trains ever load up, even though they seem to have the right trucks and destination.

Any help?

Edit: Pak 128, 88.10.5 July 1st '06

wipi35

Four conditions must be fulfilled:
1.   The supplier must have a contract with the consumer. Look in the industry window
2.   Trains must be able to carry the goods. Select the right wagons in the depot.
3.   Both platforms must be able to handle goods, this can be verified in the station window where a small brown icon must be visible.
4.   The receiving industry may not be overloaded.

DonnyRover3

All done,
1. Yep, checked before making route
2. Sheep Farm>Textile Factory using 'Tubus' locomotive pulling Category_07 hoppers.
3. It's there, between the color band (For improvements) and Train Symbol.
4. Nothing ever got there ;)

Combuijs

That's strange.

No errors like "convoi can't find a route"? Does the sheep farm produce anything? Are goods waiting in the station? Do the platforms serve the sheep farm and the textile factory (check in "details" in both stations)?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

prissi

As usual, make sure there is a good storage at both station. The plain platform in pak128 does not enables goods.

DonnyRover3

Nope, I sent it empty to check. It does produce, nope. Ahh, this is weird(I think). It seems pratically every industry is connected, I have never seen this before. (Image uploading)

DonnyRover3

Sorry about double posting, my window freezes when I edit:

DonnyRover3

Sorry about triple posting, I had no intentions of doing that :-\

prissi

Well, you are using the plain stations. Unfourtunately, they enable not goods. you MUST use a warehouse or anything to enable good routing.

whoami

The platforms are the "FreightTrainStop" ones, they enable goods, the station window proves it. But the destination station *also* needs to enable goods.

If there are two similar factories at a place, it's possible to pick the wrong one for the connection.

If the savegame is too large to be posted here, two screenshots of both stations may suffice, with the windows for involved factories, stations and vehicles being included in the display.

Which exact Pak128 version is this?

DonnyRover3

Version 88.10.5 (July 1st 2006)
I'm off on holiday today so will continue when I get back, thanks so much for the help though!

whoami

Quote from: DonnyRover3 on August 18, 2008, 11:32:17 AM
Version 88.10.5 (July 1st 2006)
That is the Simutrans version. Pak128 has a different version naming scheme (like 1.2.3), and for 88.10.5, several versions had been released.

wipi35

In games with a very high industry density it can happen that the stationcoverage of supplying industry (A) covers the consuming industry (B). You can check this by pressing "v". Then there is a sort of shortcut where the goods immediately go from A to B and there is nothing left to transport. I'm not sure if this is the case in your game but it's something to remind.

DonnyRover3

Colin

Quote from: wipi35 on August 19, 2008, 09:43:42 AM
In games with a very high industry density it can happen that the stationcoverage of supplying industry (A) covers the consuming industry (B). You can check this by pressing "v". Then there is a sort of shortcut where the goods immediately go from A to B and there is nothing left to transport. I'm not sure if this is the case in your game but it's something to remind.

This is actually quite good, because sometimes here is insufficient room to build another station, but by extending an existing stations platforms, you can get produce delivered on the cheap.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

wipi35

Quote from: Colin on August 25, 2008, 12:02:59 AM
This is actually quite good, because sometimes here is insufficient room to build another station, but by extending an existing stations platforms, you can get produce delivered on the cheap.
:o  :o  :o

As transporting goods (or passengers/mail) is the main challenge of Simutrans, I would not recommend this.
Fortunately we now have an "Industry Builder" so we can place industries where we like it.

Kgm13

i myslef dont realy like the idea of having "self deliving loads" i feel it kinda defeats the perpose
Reality Is An Illusion Caused By Lack Of Alcohol

DonnyRover3

But it can make some things easier, like getting goods/power straight away.

DirrrtyDirk

Yes - but no transport, no money earned.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****