News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Can I bookmark forum topics?

Started by sander3991, January 07, 2018, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sander3991

Hello everyone!

I wanted to know - is there currently a way on this forum to bookmark forum topics (besides creating a topic or posting a message in it)? I want this feature for me to save links to interesting topics and to answers for questions similiar to mine.

pumuckl999

Above the thread you can see The International Simutrans Forum » Community » Community Discussion » Forum (Moderator: Isaac.Eiland-Hall) » Topic: Can I bookmark forum topics?

Try right(!) mouse click on topic name ("Can I bookmark forum topics?") In my browser (Palemoon) I get a submenu with "bookmark this link". But I think this should work in most of modern browsers and in all subforums too.

sander3991

@pumuckl999 - I meant to have a feature that allow me to save links in my profile (maybe I should call that "favourites", not "bookmarks").

Thank you, Frank. Your answer was helpful too, partly it solved my question, and maybe this is enough.

Maybe the more correct question would be: "Can I add topics to favourites?" (so I can open them from my profile while logged in).
I don't know if this feature will be useful to anybody but me but I think it would be nice (I suppose that this will require a lot of work to implement, and may not be worth it, it's just a suggestion).

(potentially I could contribute to this, but I'm not good in web development).

IgorEliezer

@sander3991, out of curiosity: can you click on a "Notify" button above the topic title?

Click on that, a pop-up saying "Are you sure you wish to enable notification of new replies for this topic?" will show up, click OK. You can do that with forum boards too.

All topics/boards you have subscribed to can be found in Profile > Modify Profile: Notifications (shortcut) under Current Topic/Board Notifications.

sander3991