News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Passenger rates

Started by fam621, October 07, 2017, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Also you need to fix passenger rates because I find that you dont process alot of passengers as fast as the pak64 pakset.

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on October 07, 2017, 08:37:48 PM
Also you need to fix passenger rates because I find that you dont process alot of passengers as fast as the pak64 pakset.

I do not understand. What do you mean by passenger rates?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

NoMorePacers

Quote from: fam621 on October 07, 2017, 08:37:48 PM
That probably institutes a new thread.

jamespetts

I have split this into another topic because none of this seems to have anything to do with the signalling fixes and other enhancements for the demo game.

Also, I still do not understand what Fam621 meant by "fix[ing] passenger rates".

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

So what I mean is that for a long long long time that I've been playing with the pakset, I have noticed that every time that I build bus stops and train stations. Passengers unlike on Carls pak.ngb pakset (which generate quickly) dont actually use the service for like abit of time unless its connected to another line. So can you like look into increasing passenger rates please. Because, ATM I am loosing thousands of money in-game and I do not want to go bankrupt again like on my older maps.

jamespetts

There are changes pending in the passenger-and-mail classes branch of the pakset which are likely to increase the amount of passengers being generated, so hopefully that will assist when that is integrated.

fam621

Good to hear that because I need money fast on my map if I'm to survive. xD

fam621

Hi, how is the progress on improving passenger rates?

jamespetts

Work is continuing on the passenger and mail classes branch.May I suggest that, if you are so keen for this to be done more quickly, you offer to assist with the large amount of work necessary to integrate this? For example, a large number of railway vehicles will need to have first/second/third class versions differentiated.

jamespetts

I spent some considerable time yesterday evening working on this issue. Whilst there is much that will need the passenger-and-mail classes branch of both pakset and code to get right, there are also substantial changes to simuconf.tab settings based on the work that I undertook last night that will be the default in the new version of the pakset when the passenger-and-mail classes branch is integrated with the master branch and released which you can apply now to improve the passenger generation. Indeed, you will need to do this manually in any event, even after upgrading to the next version, if you want these changes to affect your existing saved games, as simuconf.tab settings are always saved with the game.

To change simuconf.tab settings in an existing game, load the game and press the "i" key. You will be presented with the advanced settings dialogue. Be careful changing these settings, as they are intended for advanced users and can cause problems in your game if you make an erroneous change. However, there are three specific settings that you should change to obtain the benefit of the improved passenger generation calibration that will be in the next version.

When the advanced settings dialogue opens, select the "Extended" tab, and then select the "Passengers" sub-tab. Change the very top setting, "passenger_trips_per_month_hundredths" from 60 to 156. Next, a little further down in the same list, change commuting_trip_chance_percent from 67 to 20. Finally, in the first table, change the second row under the column "journey time tolerance min. min" (the row being marked "visiting") from 3 to 8.

These settings should give something approximating the calibration that will be achieved when the new version is released.

123abc

I don't get that i screen in Pak128 and I can't remember which thing to do to enable that

jamespetts

Quote from: 123abc on February 10, 2018, 07:08:48 AM
I don't get that i screen in Pak128 and I can't remember which thing to do to enable that

I think that you may be posting in the wrong thread - this an old thread about the calibration of passenger generation in the latest versions of Simutrans-Extended.