News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Personal modification in Simutrans

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, October 19, 2017, 04:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

Hello!

Im interested to modificated and add some think for my Simutrans. I red in the principal page that this game its ope-source so its possible to modificate the game but i dont know how to do it. I draw some thing for simutrans but i need the codes to add it so i think that will be better to ask how to do this changes.

The Argentian (Argentina Empire).
The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

DrSuperGood

If you want to modify the game data, paksets, then you just need the make object tool. This turns text files and images into pakset files that the game loads. No programming knowledge required!

If you want to modify the game engine itself, you will need extensive C/C++ knowledge. Download the source code from the svn and then build it. If on Linux you might need to download a few packages for GCC. If on Windows it may be more tricky and either require a Windows GCC port or using Microsoft Visual Studios C++ (community edition available free). Some of the dependencies might need to be built separately from their source codes.

ROCAMBOLER529

thx DrSuperGood!!

but i have a quiestion. Where is the site that i need enter to download the souce code for simutrans??!!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

ROCAMBOLER529

thx Isaac, but i have a question, i download a winRAR called "aburch-simutrans-v111.3.1-2467-ge184591.zip". This winRAR file is the necesary to download the codes or i need follow the instruccions of "readme"??