News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Future liveries/trains are not in-game for some reason

Started by fam621, October 26, 2017, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

I have just produced the Southern livery for the Class 455.

jamespetts

Splendid! It is excellent to see new things being added. They do look good, too.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

I am starting to test the waters with livery making. Do expect liveries anytime soon! :)

jamespetts

Don't worry - there's no rush. Very best wishes! If you need any advice, do let us know (preferably in the relevant thread rather than here).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

James, here is the Class 319 in the Thameslink livery which was used between Sept. 2014 and July/August 2017.

File link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KUf5I-pE8ttklivOAU41BjRjhyVTocV6

Note: No views have been rendered.

jamespetts

It is splendid that you are making progress - I shall look forward to seeing the rendered results!

fam621

Do you want me to do the rendering or you wont mind doing it? Its completely up to you James.

jamespetts

You will need to do the complete process; in any event,you will find it much more satisfying in the long term if you can get things working all by yourself.

fam621

James, I was going to do it like how this comment (quote) made by Rollmaterial which was made in another chat.

Quote:

Quote from: Rollmaterial on November 13, 2017, 05:35:31 PM
You do not need to compile to have it incorporated into the "official" pakset, you simply need to send your graphics to James or make them publicly available and send us a link. It would of course be best if you set up your own Github repository from which James could simply merge the changes you make into the main repository. Would you be interested in a guide into setting up a Github repository for that purpose?

Rollmaterial

What I meant by compiling was compiling the pakset itself (step 5 of the tutorial with makeobj etc.), not rendering the graphics (step 3 of the tutorial, which isn't even called compiling anyway). To contribute new liveries to the pakset you should ideally complete steps 2 to 4 of the tutorial. You can also do step 5 if you want to test the graphics in-game yourself, which would save us some work if there are errors but isn't strictly necessary.

fam621

I was going to take the option of putting it on GitHub and (wait patiently) for it to be complied and see how good it is. Plus I have also updated the Class 319 Thameslink/ file btw.

Link to the updated file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tJx_-WUMfaIiLHmQxaffdZqHAwBao1IO

Rollmaterial

You are very welcome to set up a GitHub repository, as that would make adding your contributions easier for James.

fam621

Okay, but do you have to pay for it and is there a specific place where you should put them?

jamespetts

Git/Github is free. What you need to do is clone the Pak128.Britain-Ex repository (search for instructions on how to do this) to your own repository on Github, and add your modified files to your cloned repository. You then push your changes (the addition of your files and changes to any existing files - if you are adding new vehicles rather than just adding liveries, do not forget to add translation texts for each new vehicle to en.tab also) to your repository on Github. I can then merge your changes into my branch on Github so that these are automatically compiled.

While you do not need to provide compiled versions, you do need to compile them yourself to test that they work, as you need to be the person testing/debugging your new additions.

fam621

I am just doing liveries so that should not be a problem.

fam621

I have just uploaded the Class 319 in Thameslink/ livery to GitHub.

GitHub link: https://github.com/SouthernTransport225/Pak128.Britain-blends

Its under trains/railcars. It will have gtr.blends instead of nse.blends at the end of it. Should I need to take anymore action, please let me know.

Rollmaterial

That is some great progress! Now you will need to clone the main pakset repository and commit the rendered graphics and modified .dat files to it. When doing so, make sure you clone James's repository and not mine, as that is the one from which the official pakset is made. Also, make sure your commit messages describe what changes and additions you make in each commit.

I also recommend installing GitHub Desktop, it helps manage your repository.