News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Speed drops at diagonal tracks in moving block

Started by suitougreentea, November 10, 2017, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suitougreentea

Hello, and thanks for creating such a wonderful fork.

I'm using the latest version (r70f0fc4) and britain-ex pakset.
With moving block signaling using ETCS Level 3 beacon in ETRMS (is a typo for ERTMS?), the train's speed drops to ~100km/h on diagonal tracks and won't increase until the train reaches vertical/horizontal tracks again.
Is it a bug? It seems weird that the speed never increases however long a diagonal part is.

Thanks,

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - that is most helpful. I believe that I have now found and fixed the issue (and also corrected "ERTMS"), both of which fixes should be available in to-morrow's nightly build. I should be grateful if you could confirm that the issue has been fixed when the new build is produced.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

suitougreentea

Thank you for your rapid support.

The issue on diagonal tracks seems to have been solved, but another issue appears.
Trains don't reserve tiles at all when in the running direction of which the value of X/Y coordinate decreases.
Please see departure from land stop 2 (or rotate the map three times to see with both of the stations) with the savedata I uploaded before.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report: I think that I have now managed to fix this issue, too, and the fix for this should be available in to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

suitougreentea

I tried the latest nightly and now it works perfectly! Thank you very much!