News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New liveries

Started by Rollmaterial, November 12, 2017, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

I have made the graphics for the first class Mark 2D/E/F carriages. They are on my passenger-and-mail-classes branch.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

And now the Virgin Trains East Coast livery for the InterCity 225, made relevant by the freshly introduced passenger and mail classes:

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

WOW! I couldnt do that even if I wanted to. Also, what about the Virgin livery for the 800? (What I mean is that can you make the 800 be able to carry the Virgin livery)

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on December 01, 2017, 06:22:57 PM
WOW! I couldnt do that even if I wanted to. Also, what about the Virgin livery for the 800? (What I mean is that can you make the 800 be able to carry the Virgin livery)

Sadly, the blend files for the 800 have not been made available by the person who created them,who retired last year from Simutrans development. I did ask him to upload copies, but I did not get a response. The best that could be done would be to adapt the graphics for the class 395 - how easy that that would be I do not know.

Rollmaterial

Quote from: fam621 on December 01, 2017, 06:22:57 PM
As I have already told you before, I really suggest you give it a go yourself as it really is very easy. The tutorial on creating liveries does explain you what entries you need to add to the .dat file to add a livery. Moreover, as the livery is already used by the Class 801, you simply need to copy the entries for the graphics (the ones that start with "EmptyImage...") from that .dat file and add the numbers in brackets and the entries for the livery definitions. Then you can send them to James so he can add them.

fam621

Rollmaterial

Which part is it you are having trouble with?

fam621

I am having issue with where to place what in the .dat file

Rollmaterial

Place the image entries after the existing ones and the livery definitions before them. Make sure you add the numbers in brackets (also known as indices) as seen in .dat files for other vehicles with multiple liveries.

Rollmaterial

I am now working on adding the ScotRail livery to the remaining hauled stock. Here the Mark 2A carriages:

The Mark 2D carriages:

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

Here a complete Class 37 and Mark 2A consist in Regional Railways livery:

And as a by-product, the Class 37 in InterCity livery:

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

And now the HST in Virgin Trains East Coast livery:

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

Now let's start closing the gap of the 90's with the original Virgin Trains livery! Here the Class 90 with a rake of Mark 3's:

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

Now for the Class 43 to follow suit:

jamespetts

jamespetts

To those who are contributing liveries: you might be interested to know that The Hood, who had produced the latest batch of modern rail vehicle graphics, has now uploaded all the .blend files for these to his Github repository here, so it should now be straightforward to modify the livery of the very latest railway vehicles.

Rollmaterial

Here the remainder of the locos with the Class 47...

...the Class 86...

...and, most importantly, the Class 87:

fam621

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

And completing the early Virgin Trains era, the Mark 2 carriages:

jamespetts

Rollmaterial

Now for some EMUs, starting with the Class 314:

jamespetts

Excellent! It is lovely to see the Strathclyde livery - I always rather liked that.

Rollmaterial

Next in line, the Class 318:

jamespetts

Excellent - you have been busy!

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Rollmaterial on November 30, 2017, 11:54:57 PM
And now the Virgin Trains East Coast livery for the InterCity 225, made relevant by the freshly introduced passenger and mail classes:

Can you put a download link please?

ScotRail170434

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 16, 2017, 10:22:12 PM
And now the HST in Virgin Trains East Coast livery:

Download link please?

jamespetts

These are all available in the nightly download of Pak128.Britain-Ex.

fam621

Quote from: Rollmaterial on January 07, 2018, 10:34:04 PM
Next in line, the Class 318:

Anything new and the Class 43 in VTEC (LNER) livery. The buffet livery is only available for the restaurant car and not the normal buffet car