News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

IET trains does not have the correct acceleration rate and livery variants

Started by fam621, November 16, 2017, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Unfortunately, there is no source which provides tractive effort. But the trains do have very good acceleration both on and off electric mode (as in they have just as good of acceleration on diesel mode)

jamespetts

Quote from: SouthernTransport225 on September 30, 2018, 11:07:59 AM
Unfortunately, there is no source which provides tractive effort. But the trains do have very good acceleration both on and off electric mode (as in they have just as good of acceleration on diesel mode)

As already stated several times on this thread, without numerical data, it is not realistically possible to improve the calibration of the tractive effort.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

In my opinion, I think that the Class 800/801 IETs might have near enough the same tractive effort as the Class 385s

jamespetts

Quote from: SouthernTrains100 on October 22, 2018, 11:53:17 AM
In my opinion, I think that the Class 800/801 IETs might have near enough the same tractive effort as the Class 385s

What is the data source for that?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

Me and someone else from the forum had a little discussion regarding this and also moving to liveries, will the class 800 be able to be liveried into LNER (London North Eastern Railway (VTEC (Virgin Trains East Coast when designed))?

jamespetts

I am not sure that I quite understand the question; it is possible in principle to produce graphics for the liveries of anything. I think that the .blend files for this are now available, so you should be able to modify the 3d models used to create the graphics for this rather than producing entirely new 3d models.

fam621

What I mean is that like can the class 800s ingame be able to be relievered into LNER livery

jamespetts

If someone makes the livery graphics and updates the .dat files, then certainly.

fam621

The graphics are already there (well the old VTEC graphics anyway). But do the acceleration rate have to be given in tractive effort?

jamespetts

The tractive effort and power (principally the tractive effort) are the only parameters in the physics engine that control the rate of acceleration.

If the graphics that you are interested in are already present, I do not understand your earlier question.

fam621

What I actually mean is that can the Class 800 also be able to be liveried into LNER (VTEC (East Coast franchise)) livery scheme and unfortunately, there is no available information regarding tractive effort. This is the best that I can do regarding that area regarding acceleration. The power output for the Class 800 is ‎560 kW (750 hp) per engine

jamespetts

The power has already been stated correctly, as this was set from data. I am aware that there is no available information for the tractive effort, as discussed quite some time ago on this thread, I believe.

I still do not understand the question about the livery: you are of course quite free to produce a new LNER (modern) livery for the class 800, and I believe that the .blend files exist and are available so that you can modify the existing 3d models to produce the new livery variants.

fam621

I think I've been wording it wrong all along. I mean this! The livery scheme thingy. Also, the info you might of got might of been or when it was still been tested and stuff. But if you go onto YouTube and search up 'class 800 acceleration to 110mph' you will note that it has very good acceleration

jamespetts

You mean the livery scheme? You can certainly add one of those: just add one to the end of the livery schemes section in the pakset specific simuconf.tab. You will see the correct format by looking at the others.

As for the acceleration being "very good", as I believe has been discussed on this thread now quite a number of times, such vague information is unusable. I need numerical data for calibration. Please do not keep asking me to adjust the tractive effort based on unusable vague information.

If you have numerical data on actual acceleration rates on the flat with a specific configuration/formation, you can run your own tests in-game to deduce the correct tractive effort by testing to see whether it accelerates to the given speed within the correct number of tiles at 125m/tile based on the source data, and, if it does not, adjust the tractive effort multiplier in the advanced settings dialogue (press the "i" key to access) until it is correct. This multiplier can then be reset in the advanced settings dialogue but multiplied by the tractive effort figures given in the class 800's .dat files. If you do this, you will need to give me full information on the numerical source so that I can verify its accuracy, and also upload the saved game that you used for testing.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on October 23, 2018, 11:33:24 AM
You mean the livery scheme? You can certainly add one of those: just add one to the end of the livery schemes section in the pakset specific simuconf.tab. You will see the correct format by looking at the others.

As for the acceleration being "very good", as I believe has been discussed on this thread now quite a number of times, such vague information is unusable. I need numerical data for calibration. Please do not keep asking me to adjust the tractive effort based on unusable vague information.

If you have numerical data on actual acceleration rates on the flat with a specific configuration/formation, you can run your own tests in-game to deduce the correct tractive effort by testing to see whether it accelerates to the given speed within the correct number of tiles at 125m/tile based on the source data, and, if it does not, adjust the tractive effort multiplier in the advanced settings dialogue (press the "i" key to access) until it is correct. This multiplier can then be reset in the advanced settings dialogue but multiplied by the tractive effort figures given in the class 800's .dat files. If you do this, you will need to give me full information on the numerical source so that I can verify its accuracy, and also upload the saved game that you used for testing.

Maybe we should leave the tractive effort thing for now because I have looked for it and no website gives the figures for tractive effort unfortunately. Also how to do mod the simuconf.tab?

jamespetts

It is a text file, so you can edit it in the same way as any other text file.

fam621

Okay, I'm in it now. So exactly, what do I do to get the VTEC livery from the class 801 to be applied onto the class 800?

jamespetts

This is not the question that you were asking before: previously, you were just asking about adding a livery scheme for the new LNER livery, which is not at all the same thing as applying the livery of one sort of vehicle to the livery of another sort of vehicle.

I cannot remember now whether the class 801's vehicles all look identical to the class 800's vehicles. If they do, you can just use the graphics for those class 801 vehicles in a new livery of the class 800. If not, then you will need to create new graphics.

However, are there class 800s (as opposed to class 801s) in the VTEC livery?

fam621

One class 800 was liveried into VTEC livery in real life and the class 801s look exactly like the class 800s. Just that the 801s are Electric only and the 800s are bi-mode. So yes, the graphics for the class 800/801s are the same (just that they are in different liveries)

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for confirming. Do let me know when you have modified the .dat files so that I can update the pakset with them.

fam621

Where are these sources, because I cant just guess what sources there in because their are alot of sources of Simutrans stuff. Please be more specific next time! :)

jamespetts

fam621

I've worded it wrong again, havent I? Sorry for the run around but I mean the .dat file sources.

jamespetts

This is a quote from the thread to which I provided a link above:

When you clone the Github repositories in the relevant part of the tutorial, use this link for the .png and .dat files (i.e. the pakset repository):

https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-pak128.britain.git

and this link for the 3D models:

https://github.com/jamespetts/Pak128.Britain-blends.git

fam621

This is the modded .dat file for the Class 800 which should include livery options for it to be ran in either GWR or LNER (Virgin when this livery was made) livery. Check over it because it may have some errors in it

https://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/br-800.dat

jamespetts

You will need to compile this yourself to check for errors: you should at least check yourself that your code works before uploading it.

fam621

Coming back to this (after some while), will it be possible to make the class 800/801 have the same livery variants.

jamespetts

Quote from: thegamer7893 on April 05, 2019, 12:49:56 PM
Coming back to this (after some while), will it be possible to make the class 800/801 have the same livery variants.

If you would care to modify the files accordingly and test them, I should be happy to include such a change.

fam621

Quote from: jamespetts on April 05, 2019, 01:12:51 PM
If you would care to modify the files accordingly and test them, I should be happy to include such a change.

The only thing is now is that the IET fleet will not carry Virgin livery and now carry the LNER livery and also that I am no good at doing such stuff.

jamespetts

Quote from: thegamer7893 on April 05, 2019, 04:11:47 PM
The only thing is now is that the IET fleet will not carry Virgin livery and now carry the LNER livery and also that I am no good at doing such stuff.

If you can find somebody who has the time to do this and is willing and able to do so, I should be happy to incorporate this into the pakset.

fam621

About the acceleration rate thing, did you say that you wanted the acceleration rate in horsepower, because I found the horsepower for the class 800s on wiki. and the horsepower is 750 (560 kW) per engine (for I assume diesel).