The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: IET trains does not have the correct acceleration rate and livery variants  (Read 4698 times)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: IET trains does not have the same acceleration rate and livery variants
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
About the acceleration rate thing, did you say that you wanted the acceleration rate in horsepower, because I found the horsepower for the class 800s on wiki. and the horsepower is 750 (560 kW) per engine (for I assume diesel).

The power is easy to find - it is the tractive effort that governs acceleration and that is hard to find (as discussed extensively above).

Offline thegamer7893 england

The power is easy to find - it is the tractive effort that governs acceleration and that is hard to find (as discussed extensively above).

James, how did you find the tractive effort for the other trains in Simutrans?

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
James, how did you find the tractive effort for the other trains in Simutrans?

If they were not available on Wikipedia or another source, I had to guess based on extrapolating from other locomotives or multiple units whose tractive effort is known.

Generally, it is easy to find the tractive effort of locomotives, but difficult to find the tractive effort of multiple units. I believe that I did manage to find somewhere the tractive effort for some of the "Desiro" series of multiple units (the class 450, etc.), but I could not find it for many other units, and had to extrapolate many of the other modern units from this.