News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Tecnological industry

Started by ROCAMBOLER529, November 16, 2017, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCAMBOLER529

In these days, the digitals products are moving a lot of money in the world... Soo... Why not create our own industries of tecnologic?!. This industry will be inclued the goods: Electrodomestics (crates goods), Durlocks plates (crates goods) & bronze (bulk). Maybe yes or maybe not... the industries will be connected with the Supermarket. This industry can be added in pak64 & 128 I dont know if you are going to accept the idea but i thought a graphic below this text:

Iron & Coal ---> Steel Mill--------------------->
                                                                          Computers factory(1) ---> Supermarket.
Bronze(2) ---> Durlocks plates factory(3) --->

(1) The computers factory will recives Durlocks plates from the Durlocks plates factory(2) and Steel from  the Steel Mill. So... This factory will produce Electrodomestics(4) with a capacity production of 543 units pero month and a 764 of storage capacity. The durlocks plates(5) & the Steel Mill will have a storage capacity of 2176 and a consumption of 200% (Steel Mill) 50% (Durlock plate). The factory can be located in any placed exept desert or snow and will have a high demand of passengers & mail.
(2) The material bronze will come back from a Bronze mine(6). It wont have a bonus velocity like the coal 
or the trash and will be part of the bulks products. It will have a prize of $0,95 the 800kg
(3) Durlocks plate factory will recive Bronze from the Bronze mine. So... This factory will produce Durlocks plates with a capacity of production of 278 units pero month and a 355 of storage capacity. The bronze will have a storage capacity of 3200 and a consumption of 230% so it will be recomended to connect more than 1 bronze mine. The factory can be located in any place exept desert, artic, tropical or snow and it will have a medium demand of passengers & mail.
(4) The Electrodimestic will come back from the Computers factory. It will have a bonus velocity of 12% and it will be part of the crated goods products. It will have a prize of $1,65 the 750kg.
(5) The material Durlock plates will come back from the Durlocks plates factory. It will have a bonus velocity of 14% and it will be parto of the crated goods products. It will have a prize of $2,65 the 1000kg.

The Argentian (Argentina Empire)

Vladki

There is a similar electronics industry in pak128, consuming steel, glass and plastics and producing electronics to be sold in shopping mall (Or something very similar). Anf if that is not enough for you, you are more than welcome to paint and code your proposed factory chain and share it with others as addon.

But please tell me what is Durlock? Google finds only info in Spanish and the pictures look like sort of drywall panels.

ROCAMBOLER529

Quote from: Vladki on November 16, 2017, 10:24:26 PM
But please tell me what is Durlock? Google finds only info in Spanish and the pictures look like sort of drywall panels.

Srry the Durlock is the green plat that the computers have in their memory or something else. I dont know how to traduce it!!

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

QuoteSoo... Why not create our own industries of tecnologic?!.
Pak128 already has this... Electronic goods are a boxed good in that pakset and they are produced from steel, glass and possibly other things.
QuoteSrry the Durlock is the green plat that the computers have in their memory or something else. I dont know how to traduce it!!
Glass. All integrated circuits are made by treating/doping glass in a variety of processes. Doping infuses the silicon oxide with loose electronics/holes by adding into it certain elements. Structures can be etched, masks applied and copper/gold deposited as required. This is an extremely brief summary of VLSI design.

If you are referring to printed circuit boards they are made of a variety of compounds. The most common modern ones are fire resistant polymer (I think...) reinforced fibreglass with layers of copper in-between or deposited on the surfaces. Older or cheaper ones may be layered treated paper with deposited copper, but these have fallen out of fashion due to the fire hazard they pose, especially when dealing with moderate power such as connected to mains electricity. Components are soldered onto the boards using environmentally friendly tin solder, replacing the now banned in EU toxic lead solder. Printed circuit boards use similar creating and production technology to integrated circuits, but are several orders of magnitude less precise, and hence less costly to make.

ROCAMBOLER529

Quote from: DrSuperGood on November 17, 2017, 12:59:38 AM
If you are referring to printed circuit boards they are made of a variety of compounds. The most common modern ones are fire resistant polymer (I think...) reinforced fibreglass with layers of copper in-between or deposited on the surfaces. Older or cheaper ones may be layered treated paper with deposited copper, but these have fallen out of fashion due to the fire hazard they pose, especially when dealing with moderate power such as connected to mains electricity. Components are soldered onto the boards using environmentally friendly tin solder, replacing the now banned in EU toxic lead solder. Printed circuit boards use similar creating and production technology to integrated circuits, but are several orders of magnitude less precise, and hence less costly to make.

Thx for the information DrSuperGood.
This idea is for the pak64, its just an idea that in the future will be aviable in addons if you want to download some computers xd.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

And it's time to explain how the Simutrans community operates.

There isn't much need for more *ideas*. There are plenty of *ideas*. What's needed are people actually doing things.

Will you paint the graphics for something you want? That's how to see it be done. Many many people have lots of great ideas. But nobody gets paid, and very few are willing to work for free.

Everything you see in the game was created by someone - for free.

So the advice for those who have a suggestion: Start painting. :)

Ters

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on November 17, 2017, 02:11:21 AM
Everything you see in the game was created by someone - for free.

And more importantly, most of it was made by someone because they wanted it themselves. Once they've made it, they share it with others. Whether it ends up as part of a pre-existing pak set or just an add-on depends on whether the pak set maintainer like it and thinks it fits into the pak set's visual and economical style. Code changes are more troublesome as you can't do those as simple add-ons. If the main developers don't like the contribution, the only option is a fully fledged fork like Simutrans Extended.

el_slapper

Quote from: Ters on November 17, 2017, 06:24:24 AM
And more importantly, most of it was made by someone because they wanted it themselves. Once they've made it, they share it with others. (.../...)

Indeed. I've done one addon and a half(another contributor finished my bus) for the PAK128, because I wanted more road vehicles in the 1910s. I hope some other players use them. I have no clue. Maybe none. Even like that, creating them has been fun, taught me a lot, ans is good memories.

ROCAMBOLER529

Quote from: el_slapper on November 17, 2017, 02:50:01 PM
Indeed. I've done one addon and a half(another contributor finished my bus) for the PAK128, because I wanted more road vehicles in the 1910s. I hope some other players use them. I have no clue. Maybe none. Even like that, creating them has been fun, taught me a lot, ans is good memories.

Oh yeah!... But is allowed to copy an object, edit them and post it in addons like a completely different object??

DrSuperGood

QuoteOh yeah!... But is allowed to copy an object, edit them and post it in addons like a completely different object??
I guess it depends on the licence of the object in question. As long as the licence permits it, the change is sensible/non trivial, and correct credits are given I would imagine it being ok. That said people generally prefer mostly unique assets, not just colour swaps, few pixel changes or other trivial changes.

prissi

There was a computer chain for pak64 in old pak64, very old pre OpenSource ones. Maybe it is linked in the old forum.