News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Cannot compile with latest makeobj, old libpng

Started by Rollmaterial, November 30, 2017, 06:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

I am trying to compile the pakset but the makeobj I compiled from the latest sources tells me it is built with libpng 1.2.52 but running with 1.6.18. Does this have to do with the sources or my own installation?

Vladki

I think there is a compiled makeobj lurking in pak128.britan-ex sources. Take care to replace it with your compiled version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Rollmaterial

That's precisely what I did.

This is the error I get:
libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.52 but running with 1.6.18
ERROR: while loading PNG:       Could not create read struct in ./ways/./images/hot-rolled-asphalt-road-heavy.png.

Vladki

Then probably you have more libpng versions installed, or different version for binaries and different fir headers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

My apologies: I forgot to add the new compiled Windows version of makeobj-extended to the downloads folder on the Bridgewater-Brunel server, which I have now done. If you wanted a Linux version, there are nightly builds available on the nightly builds section of the server.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

That circumvented the problem for me, thank you very much!

jamespetts

I encountered this problem myself recently: this was caused by the libpng.lib version being different to the png.h version. In my case, the png.h version was wrong as I had Visual Studio set up to point to the wrong directory with an out of date png.h version.

I have included this for reference in case anyone else comes upon this problem in the future.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.